Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy Easter!

I'm excited for this weekend for a few reasons...

1) It's a weekend! I'm sad to admit that I live for the weekends. So, TGIF!

2) In 4 days I leave to go on vacation. 2 more working days, a 5 hour flight (mind you it leaves at 6:15am!), and a hug later (from former roommate, whom I'm visiting) I'll be in Washington DC! It's going to be fantastic! (No if only the Congressman's office will get my tour information to me!)


3) One of my absolute favorite is egg salad sandwiches. I love them! Let me tell you my family's tradition, ummm... kinda embarrassing... we still hunt for eggs. Yes, I admit it, my siblings and I (ages 26, 23, 20, and 19) still hunt. After church "the easter bunny" (aka mom and/or dad) hide them while we read the paper. But the bunny gets better at hiding them every year. We find them, account for them to hope that there aren't any left for the dogs or the next year (sad to admit, but yes we don't always find them all), then we take off the pretty shells that we colored the day before and we (I) make a HUGE batch of egg salad sandwiches for lunch. I'm salivating just thinking about them...

4) I get to celebrate the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of my Lord Jesus Christ. Don't get me wrong, I thank God ALL THE TIME that it wasn't me on the cross dying for my own sins, but that He sent His Son to do the job for me. But this weekend I get to celebrate with the rest of the believing world what Jesus did for each one of us.
"He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart."


No comments: