Line up the beer steins...
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Line up the beer steins...
All Saint's Day
National Author's Day
Sadie Hawkins Day
Zero Tasking Day
Digital Scrapbooking Day
National Chicken Lady Day
Use Your Common Sense Day
National Men Make Dinner Day
National Bittersweet Chocolate w/Almonds Day
Cook Something Bold & Pungent Day
National Tongue Twister Day
Guinness World Record Day
Area Code Day
Gingerbread House Day
National Young Readers Day
World Kindness Day
National American Teddy Bear Day
America Recycles Day
I Love to Write Day
National Bundt (pan) Day
International Day for Tolerance
National Adoption Day
World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
Homemade Bread Day
Married To A Scorpio Support Day
Micky Mouse Day
Push-Button Phone Day
Have a Bad Day Day
Great American Smokeout
Name Your PC Day
Universal Children's Day
World Hello Day
World Television Day
International Aura Awareness Day
National Family Volunteer Day
You're Welcomegiving Day
Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day
Shopping Reminder Day
Tie One On Day
Electronic Greeting Day
Computer Security Day
Stay Home Because You're Well Day
Friday, October 30, 2009
Evaluate Your Past
It's time to assess your past romantic relationships. Ask yourself what worked and what didn't and the reasons for each of your past relationships.
You Can't Find Mr. Right Until You Love Yourself
Much of your worth will be derived externally, from the person you are dating; but true self-worth is internal. Focus on what activities they like to do and develop that realm of your life. When you feel good about what you do you will feel good about who you are.
Decide What You Want in Mr. Right
Take the time to make a wish list of all the values and characteristics you would want in a partner, this list should include items you will not budge on. When dating, continually ask yourself if your goals, interests and personal beliefs are in synch with the other persons. You shouldn’t have to compromise these items in an ideal mate.
When You Find Mr. Right, Don't Let Him Go
You can’t find Mr. Right if you are not looking. Step outside your comfort zone, whether that be asking someone out on a blind date, asking friends to set you up or updating your online profile. When it comes to finding the person of your dreams sometimes you have to be the one to make the first move. If you begin to look for a good relationship with someone of character, you will find one.
From an eharmony email that landed in my inbox. For more information, go here... Finding Mr. Right.
October 30th: 1 Timothy 1; Isaiah 31-33; Psalm 119:33-64
Thursday, October 29, 2009
After they got settled in their seats a woman sitting across the aisle from him leaned over to him and asked, "Are all of those kids yours?"
He replied, "No. I work for a condom company. These are customer complaints."
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Is it bad that I have to go back through my pictures to see what I've done, or that I've documented? Let's see, I told you about Florida, more or less. Oh! I think next was George and Anthony's joint birthday shindig! Such fun!
Pictures? You wanna see pictures? You think I took pictures? Oh, you know me too well.
Birthday Boy #1 George with his lovely girlfriend Devon. (Can I just point out right now that I did a fine job setting these 2 up.)
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
- Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. (That never happens to me, I'm always right. Not!)
- I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
- Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are suppposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one is the surrounding area things you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk. (Guilty!)
- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (I so wish I could use all the naps I refused. I could sleep for days!)
- There is a great need for sarcasm font.
- Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had not idea what heck was going on when I first saw it.
- I think everyone has a movie that they love so much; it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, them making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.
- How in the world are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? (Yea, how are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? I just haphazardly fold them however.)
- I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in. (It's like a challenge and muscle building all at the same time.)
- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
- A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it!
- Was learning cursive really necessary?
- LOL has gone from meaning "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say." (So true!)
- I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
- Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
- How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just smile and nod becuase you still didn't hear what they said?
- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers! (This always happens on I5, love it!)
- Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes, that's G as in...(10 seconds lapse)...ummm...Goonies."
- What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
- MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
- Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
- I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.
- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
- I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
- Bad decisions make good stories.
- If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.
- Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem... (I hate it when that happens! Every time I'm faced with this kind of situation I get nervous.)
- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day. (Hahaha....)
- Can we all just ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.
- There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
- "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever. (To me it means wash on gentle with cold water and lay flat to dry.)
- I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?'
- I hate when I miss a call by the last ring. (Hello? Hello? Dangit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
- I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
- I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs on my iTunes.
- Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...
- As a driver I hate pedestrains, and as a pedestrain I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
- Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
- It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.
- I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
- Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn't know what to do with it.
- Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, or Pinning the tail on the Donkey - but I bet my butt everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time... (Sometimes I even manage to turn off my alarm clock without knowing it. Oops!)
- I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.
- I think the freezer deserves a light as well. (Yea, cause then how are you supposed to sneak a spoonful of ice cream late at night?)
- I disagree with kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Coors Light than Kay.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I just vowed to myself that I'm not allowed to blog about real life stuff going on in my real life until I was completely caught up with my daily bible reading.
Yes, the bible reading that I got way too behind in while I was galavanting across the country with
So, stay tuned (I know, my famous words right?) for the George/Anthony birthday party extravaganza, Oktoberfest 2009, the buck I shot
Anything else I'm missing? List it out in the comments and I'll get to it.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- Run (not walk) a 5k race.
09 - Nope, still hasn't happened.
08 - Negative ghost writer.
07 - Dare I tell you the truth? I'm sure you can guess what it is. Boo me!
06 - How do you spell out the sound that is made on games shows when they get the wrong answer? Yea, that's the sound I'm making right now.
05 - Ummm... I admit it. I SUCK! Besides moving the massive pile of bricks from my backyard I did nothing.
04 - HA! Well, I maybe went on a couple walky-jogs. I've yet to sign up to race in anything. Need more training!
03 - Definitely went walk/jogging more often in March. Oh, and crunches, I've done some crunches!
02 - I've gone walking a few more times than I did in January. That's progress!
01 - So, ah, I've gone walking once or twice. That's a start!
- Read the Bible in a year.
09 - Finished reading John, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, 2 Chronicles, Malachi, Jude, and Ezra. Currently a little behind with reading, but will be caught up by month's end.
08 - Completed 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, and Zechariah.
07 - In July I finished reading Mark, Hosea, 1 Kings, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, and Jonah.
06 - On track! Finished reading Romans, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel and Daniel.
05 - Keepin' up! Finished reading through Judges, Job, Ruth, Acts, and Joshua.
04 - Still goin'! Finished Matthew, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
03 - On track! In March I've finished reading though Leviticus, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon.
02 - I'm doing just dandy with this. I've completely read through Genesis, Exodus, and Hebrews. I'm almost done with Leviticus and Proverbs.
01 - So far, so good!
- Lose 10 pounds.
09 - Dropped another 3.1 pounds! Go me!
08 - Down .2 pound. Yep, every little bit counts!
07 - So I don't know where I am. Mid July I got a new scale, which wasn't the same as my old one. There was about a 4 pound difference. So you'll get a number come next month. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say I maintained.
06 - From the first day of June to the last day of June I weighed the same. There of course was variation throughout the month.
05 - Broke even...
04 - I warn you, I wasn't down. I kinda slipped. See chart below... (Shown is March and April)
03 -Down 1 pound. Hey, it's a loss! See chart below...
02 - 5.5 pounds down...from returning cruise weight...
01 - So what if I told you that I was down 9 pounds by my own scale in just January alone? Yep, it's true. Wanna see my chart? Of course you do!
- Post a picture a day...taken on that day... instead of a quote a day.
09 - Almost caught up...
08 - Working on getting caught up.
07 - Yep.
06 - Something like that. It's getting done regardless. I have been playing more with photoshop and have been using photoshopped pictures.
05 - Yep. A picture is going up each day. Sometimes there are lags between days due to intermittent internet.
04 - Still not a picture from that day, but posting pictures from within the time frame of the date. Flowers are in bloom and beautiful, plus they're easy subjects, so I've taken a lot of flower pictures.
03 - Still not doing the best on the picture being from that day, but whatever, I'm posting a picture a day.
02 - After the cruise I slacked on taking a picture a day. But I was still posting a picture a day. I'll work on that...
01 - Ok, so I've slacked a few days. But I get caught up!
- Have monthly dinner party, or at least invite some friends over for dinner.
09 - Hosted TND in September. Homemade pizzas was a smashing hit!
08 - Denied!
07 - Hosted family. That's about it. July = hot = me no wanna cook in my west facing kitchen.
06 - TND was at my place last Tuesday of June. Other than that it's just been my family. Nothing new and exciting has been made though.
05 - Boo! I've had my family over. But I did gather friends for my birthday dinner!...at BJ's...
04 - Well, I had people over, wait no that was May 1st. Ah! Yes, I had a lunch buffet sandwich building business thing for those giving souls that helped work on my path. (I still need to share my path don't I?)
03 - Woot woot! Hosted TND on the 5th Tuesday. Total about 15 people came. I made this for dinner. It was good! Making a vow to have people over more often.
02 - The last couple weeks I've had my family over for dinner on Friday nights. And I've volunteered to have TND at my house the 5th Tuesday of March. I'll let you know how that goes.
01 - I failed for January. February isn't over yet though...
- Down size possessions...aka clutter
09 - Sent pile to church yard sale!
08 - Pile growing..
07 - Moving things every now and then. I've got a little pile building up to get rid of.
06 - Finally got the stuff from my baby box transferred into a rubbermaid box. I've found a few things around the house to move into the yard sale pile. Always a work in progress.
05 - I rearranged my back room. Now when looking in it looks less cluttered. That counts, right?
04 - Decided that my back room needs to be cleaned out and rearranged, especially the closet. So that is going to be my project for May.
03 - Sure...? I actually physically removed the bags of stuff to get rid of. So I guess that counts since it was cluttering up my room.
02 - I rearranged the living/dining room and went though some more of my closet.
01 - I've gone through my closet and through my pile of purses.
- Try new recipes from the cookbooks I have. (see #5, they will be guinea pigs...)
09 - Created best topped pizzas ever!
08 - hummm...
07 - Yea, ok, you got me. I'm pretty sure I didn't try anything new.
06 - See #5.
05 - New recipes tried for Memorial BBQ. One recipe is posted on my recipe site, the others will come shortly.
04 - Sure I've made stuff. What have I made...? Cake pops, I made cake pops!
03 - Family = guinea pigs. Poor family...
02 - Ummmm... I haven't tried anything new. But I've tried new things that my mom has made. Does that count...?
01 - Boo me! How does cereal sound? Mac & Cheese...?
- Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week (walk/jog, Wii Fit, DVD, etc., see #1 which will lead to #3)
09 - Walked lots while on vacation. That counts, right?
08 - Haha... ump...
07 - I think maybe I went on a walk. Once. I did do some yard work. Three times. Wait! No, I lied. I went on more than one walk when I was down south. Haha! Victory!
06 - See #1. Eeerrrrnnnnttttt, maybe that's how you spell it.
05 - Boo...
04 - See #1. I really need to start doing something, anything.
03 - Need to make a REAL commitment to do this on a regular basis. Once the habit is made I'll be in good shape. The time change has really kicked my butt though, I get home and I just want to be lazy.
02 - Boo! I'm still on the once a week average. Time to kick it into gear!
01 - I've averaging about once a week of exercising on purpose. But I do activities that include activity.
- Daily make time for God.
09 - Realizing that I suck at this! Need to make a point to spend one on one time with God, and not multi-task with God.
08 - Need to work on this more and more.
07 - Started an awesome bible study book with my group called "Me, Myself & Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild. I highly recommend it.
06 - Reading the bible daily is a help, fo shizel. Daily being stretched and molded.
05 - Will be a continuous work in progress for the rest of my life.
04 - Prayer, reading, bible study, church, worship, etc. I do it all, but I'm still lacking. I'm by no means perfect.
03 - If you count my daily readings as time spent with God then I'm doing well. Although it's not always necessarily quality time though...
02 - There is always room for improvement here. But I'm human and I'm trying. I pray more regularly and I'm in the Word daily. That's definitely moving in the right direction.
01 - Doing well. Spending lots of time in prayer. I'm not even kidding.
- Travel somewhere new.
09 - Went to Florida. 'Nuff said.
08 - Stayed close to home in August.
07 - Drove, by myself, down to Southern California for a twofold vacation: visit my college roommate and her family in Rancho Santa Margarita and to attend a cousin's wedding in Claremont.
06 - Didn't go anywhere in June. Stay tuned for later months.
05 - Traveled to ummm, the big town of Lodi. For the Zinfest. I had never been to that part of Lodi before, so it was new, therefore I traveled somewhere new. Go me!
04 - I went to my favoritest place in California, back to where I went to college, San Luis Obispo. Although it was a quick day trip, it was well worth it. I saw family, I drank wine, I ate at Firestone's and walked around downtown, and went to Pismo. I need to go back again, but next time for a little longer.
03 - Currently there are no travel plans and I don't like that! I need to plan something asap to make me feel human again!
02 - Um, did I go anywhere in February? I don't think so. But that's ok!
01 - Just got back from a cruise to Cabo about a week and a half ago.