Tuesday, January 5, 2010

101 in 1,001

“One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: to rise above the little things.” 
John Burroughs

This year, no new year's resolutions.  Nope, no siree Bob.  I've decided to do something different.  Work on some life goals, miscellaneous things, and give more time than a 365 day year.

I'm gonna make a list of 101 things to complete in my life in the next 1,001 days!

The Mission:  Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1,001 days.
The Criteria:  Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

This list will be viewable on the side bar, and as I complete the items I'll update the listed item to link to the blog post that correlates.  Comprende?

Start Date:  January 5, 2010
End Date:  October 3, 2012
Items Completed: 6/101
Not Done
In Progress
Completed (link)
Completed (w/ date)
  1. Organize the my desk.
  2. Reach goal weight by the 1,001st day.
  3. Go on a road trip.
  4. Fly somewhere foreign over seas.
  5. Exercise at least 3 times per week for a month.
  6. Start a prayer journal and journal everyday for a month.
  7. Buy a house.
  8. Organize my clothes closet.
  9. Organize the back room closet.
  10. Organize my recipes.
  11. Get Christmas shopping done before December 1st.
  12. Use my sewing machine to make something.
  13. Build patio area in back yard.
  14. Run in a 5K race.
  15. Get car windows (rear and back left) retinted.
    Learn to knit.  I just realized this was a duplicate to #20, so I replaced it.
  16. Read Bible in chronological order.
  17. Read at least 7 books a year. (2/19)
  18. Dust/Clean ceiling fans.
  19. Start official photography business (legitimately with licenses/permits).
  20. Learn to knit or crochet.
  21. Attend a pro-photographer's workshop.
  22. No eating desserts for a week!
  23. Hang curtain rods in kitchen.
  24. No shopping at Target for a month.
  25. Hand wash/polish my hardwood floors.
  26. Spend a weekend in San Luis Obispo.
  27. Send 10 "think of you" "just because" cards. (2/10)
  28. Take a day off from work to do nothing.
  29. Weed front yard.
  30. Weed back yard.
  31. Create branding for photography business.
  32. Give e-harmony another shot for a 3 month period.
  33. Get and stay caught up on blogging.
  34. Get and stay caught up on balancing check book monthly.
  35. Get car to mechanic to get idle noise fixed.  4/27/10 (needed a new A/C relay switch thingie)
  36. Photograph at least 1 wedding.
  37. Try 2 new recipes a month, at least one from a cookbook I own.
  38. Organize pictures on hard drive.
  39. Spend a weekend in Carmel.
  40. Create an action in PhotoShop.
  41. Visit at least one state I haven't been to before.
  42. Have the best darn 30th birthday ever!
  43. Get a massage.
  44. Have a picture printed onto a canvas.
  45. Find and use a photo hosting site for clients. 4/28/10
  46. Get professional pictures taken of myself (maybe with family too).
  47. 2nd shoot with a local wedding photographer.
  48. Send in camera body to get fixed.
  49. Go to bed before 11pm for a week.
  50. Get to work before 8am for a week.
  51. Create a business plan for photography business.
  52. Be debt free (minus possible mortgage).
  53. Blog something personal everyday for a month.
  54. Enter some photographs into local county fair.
  55. Attend photography conference/convention.
  56. Walk Riley at least once a week for 3 months.
  57. Visit Time Square.
  58. Turn vacation and miscellaneous photos throughout the years into photo books.
  59. Compile a family recipe cookbook.
  60. Visit Yosemite in the winter.
  61. Throw a cocktail party.
  62. See a musical on Broadway.
  63. Learn to use chopsticks properly.
  64. No chopping off my hair, only trims until it reaches desired length (which is longer than it is now).
  65. Mail a birthday card when a friend or family member has a birthday for a year.
  66. Take a multi-vitamin daily.
  67. Use up products (cleaning, makeup, hair, etc) completely before replacing.
  68. Make/Bake something outside my comfort zone.  From scratch.
  69. Go to Disneyland when it's decorated for Christmas.
  70. Drive down Hwy 1 from Monterey to Morro Bay.
  71. Do a photoshoot during almond blossom season in an orchard.
  72. Journal/Track (WW style) for 2 months.
  73. Shoot in RAW for a month.
  74. Visit family in Santa Fe.
  75. Unload dishwasher once it's done, not 3 days later.
  76. Learn how to belly dance.
  77. Fold laundry once it's dry.
  78. Put away laundry once folded.
  79. Be in a relationship.
  80. Get married.*
  81. Do something spontaneous.
  82. Get a new camera body.
  83. Put no-scratch pads on dining room chair legs. 3/29/10
  84. Go wine tasting in Livermore.
  85. Go wine tasting in Amador County.
  86. Get tupperware organizer and organize cabinet.
  87. No candy for 2 weeks.
  88. Encourage one person to do 101 in 1,001.
  89. Eat at 4 new restaurants. (0/4)
  90. No eating out for 3 weeks.**
  91. Learn one new technique in PhotoShop each week.
  92. Get my own domain name.  3/16/10 (http://www.courtney-ann.com/ - not in service yet)
  93. Tithe every month. (3/22)
  94. Play a round of 18-hole golf.
  95. Visit Golden Gate Park.
  96. Buy 5 things from etsy.com. (0/5)
  97. Floss everyday for a month.***
  98. See a Beach Blanket Babylon show.
  99. Make dinner for the family one night a week for 2 months.
  100. Make a facebook fan page for my photography.
  101. Donate $10 to a charity for every goal not met.
* Or should I just give $10 now? Really it's not unrealistic in the next 2 1/2 years, but yes, I know it's all up to God.
**As in paying for a meal, eating at Mom & Dad's doesn't count.
***I know, gross right?  I so dislike flossing.  And I need to get in the habit.

4 comments:

M, A, C and K too! said...

That list is daunting! Good for you though! I hope you accomplish everything on your list!

Danae said...

I love this! Where did you come up with this idea? Maybe I'll do 50 things in 500 days...

And #80 could happen! We had known each other for 14 months before we got married.

Mel said...

This is super cool Courtney! I love it! I may steal it from you if you do not mind!!

Courtney said...

Mandy, I tried to keep an even mix of easy vs. hard. We'll see, I've got 2 1/2 years...

Danae, true dat! #80 is in God's hands. You should do 50 in 500. Haha.

Mel, steal/borrow away. I surely didn't make them all up by myself. Google 101 in 1001 and you'll find tons of others doing it and ideas. :)