Monday, August 6, 2007

Out with July!

July resolution report time:

1. Actively seek God in my day to day life, worshiping Him and bring Him glory. Being like Jesus to people.
This area is a daily struggle for me. Pray that I can do better with this. I need to daily be in the Word and in prayer.

2. Continued control from nibbling at work. No pastries, desserts, and nibblings.
I was bad at this one too...

3. Again with the losing 5 pounds. Summer is here! Not only that, but I am in my best friend's wedding in October. My goal, which is totally obtainable, is to lose 20 pounds by then. Help hold me to it everyone!
Yea, you guessed it. That didn't happen. But I didn't gain either, just maintained.

4. Go somewhere out of the area. Maybe a drive to the coast is in order...
I went nowhere. Nowhere entirely special that is. I did go to the fair!

5. Confess something to someone, and see where things go from there. I know this maybe be totally cryptic to some, but others of you know what I'm talking about. Time to encourage without pressuring :)
I did this! And I was rejected. What did I do about it? Nothing. There is nothing to do, except continue on with friendship like nothing happened.

6. Have a good attitude with current job. But seek new one in the meantime.
Yes! Found a new job! I can't say that I continued having a good attitude towards the VC position though. Oh well, no more of that.

7. Quit rewarding myself with food. If I do something good or deserving or a reward (went on a walk, lost weight, made it through a day at work, etc.) I tend to treat myself to something with calories, and lots of them. Time to reward myself with something different. A pedicure, manicure, new shirt, or purse, or whatever.
This one is going to take work. My mentality is, "You lost weight. Good job, you deserve an ice cream now." Honestly, what good does that do?!?

8. Exercise. Swim, walk, Bosu ball, anything!
Swam a fair amount of time. Will be walking more in my future.

No comments: