Friday, April 25, 2008

So tired...

I'm exhausted! After 3 nights this past week of painting from 5pm to 9pm, and only stopping at 9pm because it's decided that dinner must be eaten before midnight, I'm ready for a break. I work all day. Then come home, change, and then work until past dark.

Alas, I get a break from the painting. Reason #1, the crew came in this afternoon and put another coat of varnish on the floor. All of the base boards are painted, and there is just a bit of trim left over. This is the 4th and absolutely final coat. Until they decide to do a 5th... But I pray not! Of course, with this last coat of varnish, it is preferred that we stay off the floors for 72 hours! And if we do go inside after 24 1/2 hours, we are to only wear socks. I suppose the footprint of my Rocketdog shoes forever ingrained the the varnish would be bad... But you know what that means...? That means I can't start to move things in until Tuesday after work. But at that point the only things left to do is paint (bathroom trim, kitchen windows trim, hall closet, and touch-ups), tile back splash, and...ummm.... oh! moving things in!!

Reason #2, I'm going away for an over night bachelorette weekend to Santa Cruz for my friend Jenn who is getting married in 2 weeks. It'll be good to get away to the coast with the clean fresh coastal air. I'm in the wedding and am excited for her.

Dad decided that since we can't work on the inside we'll work on the outside. So we made a quick trip to the local lumber yard to get supplies to build a cute little railing for the front porch. So tomorrow while he's cutting wood and using big boy tools, I'll be wandering around a cutesy little beach town with friends.

So I'm excited to come home to find railing around the porch. So rest assured, if you have one too many drinks at my house and you happen to stumble outside, the railing will catch you before you fall off the porch. And we don't want that to happen. Cause if you have one to many drinks at my house, there will be no wondering outside. There will only be wondering to the couch where you will be sleeping. See, I'm responsible!

But right now, I just want to sleep all weekend. Right now though, I need to go pack for my overnight excursion.

No comments: