Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Retirement

There comes a time if the lives of every pair of shoes that they must go into retirement. Move on to bigger and better things at the shoe retirement community. And that is what I must do with a pair. They've lived a great life with me and my feet, but it's time to go.

Quite frankly, it's because they are the only pair that I wore during the many months of cleaning, demoing, painting, moving, and any other task that went along with the remodel of the house. They've walked on things what should never be walked on. Touched things that should never have been touched. But most importantly, protected my feet.

These shoes did start out as a pair to wear only for the remodel. At one time, they were my main tennis shoes. I wore them when I worked out (once a year). And I wore them around town. I think they may have been the shoes that I got special to wear out and about during my first visit to Chicago.

After they lived that life they moved on to be my shoes that I wore when catering. Oh, the meat juices they've tasted. The important thing is that they were comfortable and protected my feet.




No comments: