Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sometimes you just gotta get a new one.

I am a college graduate. Not a graduate student, not do I have my graduate degree. But I graduated from college and I have an alma mater. And of this, I am extremely proud of myself. Not only did I attend a highly desirable college, but I did it with a Bachelor of Science in 4 years. 4 years is not all that common where from where I graduated.

The Christmas after I graduated, one of my gifts from my parents was a nice, shiney Alumni license plate frame. I put it on my car all by myself and again, pride swept over me.
Now, 6 years later (wow! has it really been that long?!?), that nice chrome look is a bit rusty. Literally rusty. So, while down in the area for my cousin's wedding last month (more on that to follow shortly) I made a stop to get a new license plate frame. And this is what I got...Well, it's actually not exactly that exact one. But it's the same principle, more of a pewter (unrustable) material, says alumni somewhere on it. You'll see.

Here is my current (old and rusted) frame.

Do you see the rust? How about up close?

Now a little swap-a-roo and voila! New and shiney (well, as shiney as pewter will get).

Now, which do you like better? Choose your answer wisely...

1 comment:

Mel said...

I love the new one but the old one had character...LOL...sometimes a little character is good, in this case a replacement was a good decission.