Thursday, August 14, 2008

What was I thinking...?

Oktober 1985
Is the sun in my eyes? Am I pissed off? What's going on with me here?I mean, come on. Look at that face. Squinty eyes and a puckered mouth. That's never a good look.
Inscription on back of picture - For Courtney: Do you remember the German "Schultute"?

Time to go visit google.com for that. BRB....
....
....
Hummm....

"When children in Germany set off for their first day in school upon entering first grade, their parents and/or grandparents present them with a big cardboard cone, prettily decorated and filled with toys, chocolate, candies, school supplies, and various other goodies. It is given to children to make this anxiously awaited first day of school a little bit sweeter..."

German: die Schultüte

English: cone for first day of school

So, I'm guessing it was my first day of school. And that megaphone cone thing is my "schultute."

I'm a genius! Obviously I passed Kindergarten.

But doesn't my hair just look so cute? Nice little side pony with a curl. I was adorable!

3 comments:

Beauty to Unveil said...

I guess as the third child I missed out on this "tradition". Damn.

Courtney said...

This was when we had Kirsten as an au par.

Teaseburger said...

I LOVE the side pony!!!! LOVE IT!!