Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back in the Saddle

It's been awhile since I've helped my parents cater. But when duty calls, I must answer. And duty called a couple weeks ago.

And since I'm a goon that loves her new camera, even though I totally don't know how to use all the features yet, I brought my camera with me so I could play.

Here is a sampling of photos.

Great depth of field. I really like this picture for some reason.

Mr. BBQer for the night. He was roasting some weenies, sausages, whatever you want to call them. It was a hot day. Can you tell by the redness on Chris' face? I'll tell you. I think I drank like 6 bottles of water and never once went to the bathroom.

Some lovely models. We have Abby, DeEtte, and Mom. Abby is Kaitlin's best friend. She goes to Purdue in Indiana. She was gone all summer in England. This job was the first time I saw her. And she flew out the next morning to return to school. DeEtte is our star caterer helper bee. She's great. She tells great stories. And she's funny to boot! And Mom. I love Mom.

Mom, I love you!
Yum... dessert... These are the peaches that caused the Peach Sorbet that I made.

And the star of the whole show... the tri-tip. Need I say more?

Everybody, please welcome the newbie, Katy. Katy comes to us via Colleen, Chris' girlfriend. Katy is Colleen's sister. Welcome Katy. Your spunkiness will be a great addition to the team!
Now you've seen a bit of the catering world.

Now, next time, maybe I'll actually do some work and not take so many blasted pictures!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

It's nice to not get sick of catering food over the summer but it sucks when you miss it... that tri-tip looks so good... I can almost smell and taste it just by looking at the picture...