Sunday, November 16, 2008

1/4 of a Year

3 months ago I received a very random myspace message from a stranger. A message that I almost ignored, blew off. But for some reason I was compelled to respond. Or course, only after checking out that person's page. Who knew that 3 months later I'd still be talking to that person? That that person would have visited me. And that I would be going to visit that person in less than 2 weeks.

Here is the message that started it all...
Hi Courtney

No, you don't know me, but I saw your caption and love that quote. Anyhow, hope I didn't bug you. You are attractive too. Yes, that did make it easy to read your caption a few times as well. lol. Anyhow, at the very least I hope I made you smile. Maybe we can talk sometime. Bye girly


Dennis

So there you have it. Needless to say we did "talk sometime". The start to a relationship, albeit a long distant one. One based purely on communication and learning about one another without physical distractions.

The past 3 months have surprisingly gone by quickly looking back on it now. Wow, August was just 3 months ago. May was 6 months ago, and will be again in 6 months. I know that this upcoming trip to Alaska won't be the last. With a new year approaching there will be many more trips, and visits, and even a vacation is in discussion.

This is my prayer... That God will continue to be a focus in our relationship, that we will grow towards Him while we grow towards one another. I pray that God will bless the time we have together. I pray that when we do visit one another that we can see each other for who we are, not just the person on the phone; I pray that our visits aren't necessarily like vacations. Maybe it's too soon, but I also thank God for answered prayer; even though it took awhile to answer. I thank God for his faithfulness and His plan.

No comments: