Monday, November 3, 2008

Hawaii Day 5

Good bye middle of the island. Hello beach house!

Today we left Waimea after 4 nights to spend the last 3 nights in a beach house. A beach house that all you do is walk through a gate and you're on the beach. A beach house that you fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. A beach house with cockroaches and scorpions. Yea, I could have done without the last bit too.
As we were leaving Waimea, we noticed that it snowed the night before on the top of Mauna Kea. That's not uncommon. Believe it or not Hawaii does get snow.

Everyone changed once we got to the house. And we all took turns snorkling. Yes, I even snorkled. I remembered that at one point I liked snorkling. Then I was out there...alone... Claustorphobia kicked in. I found someone, stuck by them, then got out. Many colorful fishes were seen during the making of Claustorphobic Courtney. Paige enjoyed herself though. She went out many times a day.
You've got to go look through the album for the funniest Sports Illustrated male model. And there are pictures of the sea turtle that played in the surf where we were camped out. Hey! Who's this sun soaked, sand covered, salt crusted foo'?
The day wore on. I got bored of laying out and being blinded while trying to read while laying on my back with the sun above me. So I headed in and cleaned up. Slowly everyone else followed suit. Due to some miscommunication, no one picked up hot dogs for dinner. So we ended up going out to a nice little restaurant, Cafe Pesto, where I had the seafood risotto. OMG it was so good. And I'm not even a huge seafood fan!
We returned to the house. Made some more lei's. Prayed for no cockroaches. And went to bed. We had to be up early the next morning to kayak out in the bay for our little memorial.

Hawaii Day 5 Album

No comments: