Sunday, January 11, 2009

2008 - The Year That Was

  1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
    Gone on multiple vacations that involve flying.
  2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
    Yes I did. And I already made them for the new year.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
    No, but it seems that everyone at work is having babies.
  4. Did anyone close to you die?
    No, thank goodness.
  5. What countries did you visit?
    None. But I did visit a new state!
  6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
    Love. Financial security/stability.
  7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
    August 2008 - when I met someone very special. September 2008 – when I really met that someone special. October 2008 - traveled to Hawaii. November 2008 - traveled to Alaska.
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
    Moving out on my own.
  9. What was your biggest failure?
    Can I not have one? I can't think of anything.
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
    Praise the Lord, no.
  11. What was the best thing you bought?
    New camera!!!
  12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
    Um...
  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
    Um... hummm...?
  14. Where did most of your money go?
    Home furnishings, then towards rent, then towards traveling.
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
    Meeting Dennis in person. Anything that involved family get togethers with extended family. Traveling.
  16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
    Oh geez, I don't know.
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    (a) Happier or Sadder?
    Happier.
    (b) Thinner or Fatter? Thinner by about 15 pounds. Go me!

    (c) Richer or Poorer? Same. Although I'm paying rent, I seem to have them same amount. Actually, I have less in savings, so poorer.
  18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
    I don't wish I had done more of anything.
  19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
    Or less for that matter.
  20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008?
    Christmas with the family chillin' while dad worked. When he came home we opened presents, had dinner, and played games.
  21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
    Yes.
  22. How many one-night stands?
    What? What kind of question is this? What kind of girl do you think I am? Geez!
  23. What was your favorite TV program?
    Can't say I have a favorite. I have a couple that record on DVR, but none that I have to watch when they're on TV.
  24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
    Nope.
  25. What was the best book you read?
    If only I could remember all the books that I did read...
  26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
    Kate Voegle
  27. What did you want and get?
    I wanted the house to be done. And it is. And I live in it. And it's great.
  28. What did you want and not get?
    iPhone. Haha!
  29. What was your favorite film of this year?
    Ummm... 27 Dresses...?
  30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
    I turned 28. I went to work.
  31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
    I'm sure there are things that could have made my year more satisfying, but it was pretty satisfying without those things too.
  32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
    Casual comfy, slightly preppy, but mostly comfy.
  33. What kept you sane?
    Friends, family, personal space.
  34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
    No one.
  35. What political issue stirred you the most?
    Stupid prop 2. Stupid PETA people.
  36. Who did you miss?
    My sister.
  37. Who was the best new person you met?
    Dennis.
  38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
    Take time for God.
  39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
    Duh....
  40. What are your resolutions for 2009?
    See my 2009 resolutions post.

Happy 2009 to you all.

No comments: