Sunday, January 4, 2009

Who needs an update?

Well, let's see. Where do I start? Where did I leave off? What do you want to know?

Status on the situation has not changed. Dennis and I are still "friends". Although, we're texting and talking a lot more often. The only difference is that the "I love you's" and pet names have been dropped from conversations, but I still sneak them in when I can. Ha! He doesn't seem to mind.

The Christmas season is over, as is the couple of visits from higher-ups from work for Dennis. Just as I predicted, he was very stressed and overwhelmed with all that going on. Since it's over, he's gotten better. But he's still unsure of where he should be right now. He doesn't know if he's even meant to be married again. He doesn't know who he is anymore. He pointed out a week or so ago that he has been officially divorced for almost a whole year, and things are starting to calm down for him.

We have had conversations about the future. If there will be one or not. He doesn't know. Oh, but I do, I know what's in my heart and that I'm still being lead by God. He did tell me though that part of him wants to be in a relationship with me right now, but he needs to work on himself in order to be in a healthy one. I respect that, how can I not respect that. And I value that he wants to be right with God and happy with himself. So I'll wait, and I'll be there when he's ready. We've talked about many other things also, but I'll keep those to myself for now.

So, where does that leave us? Worse than we were a month ago, but better then we were 2 weeks ago. All we can do is continue the friendship, and continue praying. I pray that God does a mighty thing in his life, and that he does it fairly quickly. But during this time I've grown by leaps and bounds, more then I thought possible.

In my heart I still feel the same leading as I did shortly after we started talking. Everything just starting lining up. It's hard to explain, but things just started falling into place. My feelings for Dennis have not diminished in the least bit, if anything they've grown despite the distance between us. I've had a lot of time to reflect and pray.

If you feel so, please continue to pray also.

No comments: