Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Day Out

Many moons ago (yes, I'm behind!), while my parents went to visit Paige and meet Coleman's parents, Chris, Kaitlin and I took a little drive.

The plan was to go to IKEA. I needed some stuff and it was the Sacramento location's 3rd anniversary, which = fill out a coupon and pay NO sales tax. I'm all about saving a buck or two, which = not saved because I bought more then I went in for. Oops.

On the way. Or not on the way but in the same direction. Kinda. We stopped at the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield. I love me some jelly bellies!
After a quick lunch, then a 45 minute tour (with a complimentary sample baggie of the goods), we tried some flavors, bought some belly flops and hit the road.
(My favorite is the green speckled one...Margarita flavored!)
On up I80 we went on a lovely drive until we reached our destination...IKEA! Now if you haven't been to an IKEA then you must. If you don't live near an IKEA then make sure you vacation near one on your next trip.
(Mr. Wilson, aka Chris, and Kaitlin playing in one of the mock rooms.)
I'll spare you a picture of my cart. Mainly because I didn't take one. But let's just say I made out like a bandit! So did Kaitlin, all 3 things that she bought.
It was then time to hit the road and head home. We stopped in Stockton for some dinner. I would have to say that Moo Moo Burgers is not a must have, mainly because it's not a fast food place like we thought it was. Oh well, Chris treated, such a good brother!

And so concludes our day trip of sibling bonding. All in all a good time. We'll have to do it again sometime. Maybe somewhere else. And Paige will have to come too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me wish I had a sister!! Went to Jelly Belly last summer. Still have the sample but I bought some of my favs. Never been to Ikea though. Have no room for anything!