Monday, May 18, 2009

Angels and Demons

Last night I went to the movies with a group of friends. I was ho-hum about seeing the movie, but I also didn't want to miss out of fun or hangning out. So I went. And I had fun. Of course.

I'm not Catholic, nor do I know a lot about the church's history. So I was a bit confused with some of the characters and their titles and what they did within the Catholic church. There are things that I know in the deep recesses of my mind, like the black or white smoke when voting for the new Pope happens.

I went into the movie having no idea what to expect. To be honest, I haven't even seen the DaVinci Code (and was told I wouldn't need to). Nor have I read either of the books. The movie was good though. Action packed. Full of suspense. A little gruesome. There were a few scenes that I had to look away during, or hide behind my hands.

I would give it a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

On a side note, in the Vatican there is an area (you see it in the movie) where there are steps that led down to where the former popes are "buried". My dad when he was younger visited the Vatican, and that area was roped off. My Nana took that as a suggestion and not forbidden, so she lead my dad and his brother down there. Creepy!

3 comments:

Beauty to Unveil said...

Angels and Demons was written before DaVinci Code. They just filmed them in reverse order.

Courtney said...

Yea, that's what everyone said. Still seems odd to watch the second movie/first book first. Oh well. Too late now.

M, A, C and K too! said...

The books are GOOOOOD! I really liked both of them! However, i do believe the writer hates the catholic church... He's really anti in BOTH books!