Monday, May 11, 2009

Oh Happy Days

I'm one of those people, I'm sure just like many others, that believe that Mother's Day shouldn't be celebrated just one day a year. There are things that my mom does on a daily, weekly, monthly basis that I appreciate in her.

I'm sure as an infant I was thankful on a regular basis when my diaper was changed. I really don't remember if I was one of those kids that didn't like squishy in my diapers. Or every time I skinned my knee, my mommy was there to kiss it and make it better. Mom, I thank you that you let me play in the dirt, and get dirty. I'm extremely grateful that you didn't chase me around with handy wipes and antibacterial junk. I thank you for all of the family dinners that we ate together, as a family at a table, with a homemade meal; not separately in a rush after going through the drive-thru. I thank you for giving up so much to gain much more by being a stay at home mom. And supporting me though gymnastics, and 4-H, and attempts at playing sports (unsuccessfully I might add).
You're support and love helped formed me into the woman that I am today. Fully in awe of all that you've done for me throughout the course of my life. I pray that one day I'm half the mother that you are.

So Happy (belated) Mother's Day yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Now, as for you Dad. You only get one day to celebrate who you are, aside from Father's Day.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

1 comment:

Teaseburger said...

Sweet!!! You are a good daughter with amazing parents!! You are truely blessed!!