Thursday, June 4, 2009

5 Steps to Running a Marathon for a Couch Potato

aka: ME!

Not only did I stumble upon this site somewhere on the web (can't remember), but my sister also sent me the link. Geez!

So 5 steps, eh?

Step 1: Drop the "jogging myth"
Jogging does count as running! Jogging is running!

Step 2: Slow down
Run (jog) at a comfortable pace so you don't get tired. This will help reduce the lactic acid build up in your muscles that causes soreness.

Step 3: Listen to your body
You want to maintain a certain heart rate. So pay attention to your breathing. Listen to your heart. How's your vision?

Step 4: Become a fat burner, not a sugar burner
You want to burn fat, slowly. Sugar burns up quickly. Imagine lighting a match, sugar is the head that flares up then dies. Fat is more like burning coal, slowly. Become a fat burner by consuming more good fats and less sugar.

Step 5: Believe!
If you truly believe you can do it, you will!

So who's ready to run a marathon???

Ok, maybe a 5k...?

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

We need to be serious this time! If your serious lets start Monday! We can jog along the canal it's ways easier on your joints!

M, A, C and K too! said...

Hey... I was serious last time! I just need others to keep me company!
So...what time Kaitlin and courtney!?!

Teaseburger said...

Seriously I'm telling you. I will do it with you!!! Come on already!!! ;p