Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Puppy for Sale, Only 50 Cents

Wow! We've officially had this little guy for 2 weeks now!
So here's the story. It was a Monday and I was driving home from Turlock. I was in a hurry so I could finish reading my bible study lesson before everyone showed up in an hour. While getting ready to pass Hilmar Cheese a little fuzz ball crossed Lander looking very scared and panicked. I kept driving. I called Kaitlin. She said that maybe it's so and so's little poodle that got loose. Guilt kicked in. So I turned around.
I found the little guy, hiding under some desks that are being stored (?) outside. He came right to me. So we walked to the security guard to see if they could call animal control to come get him. Well, being as it was after 5pm and since all 5 pounds of him weren't a threat they weren't coming. Ok, so I'll take him home for the night, go to the vet in the morning to see if he's chipped and go from there.
After feeding, watering, and bathing him at my place, with minutes to spare before bible study, they (Kaitlin, Chris, and Colleen) took him across the street. I feared that our dogs would make a squeaky toy out of him. Which they didn't. When I went over after 9pm they were all playing. Hallelujah! Chris kept him overnight.

Vet: no microchip. No signage around town. No missing puppy cries. No sign of missing pet anywhere. Possession is 9/10 of the law, right? So he, Hobie, has a home. No, he's not with me. I'm not ready to replace Izzie yet. He is Chris and Colleen's dog, that lives with my parents and will move out when Chris does.
So there you have it. There is a new, lovable fuzz ball in our lives. He's still very much a puppy, with puppy teeth but without puppy breath.

And don't worry, we only picked about 267 fleas off the little guy. I think they're all gone now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!! How much bigger will he get??

Courtney said...

Well, we determined that he's some version of a cockerpoo, or a spoodle (Cocker Spaniel/Poodle). They get to be about 20 pounds.