I need rules. I need guidelines. I need help and suggestions and advice.
So, once again, let's see what my friends at eharmony has to say about this...
- Listen to your Gut - Whether you're on a date or chatting elsewhere, pay attention to your instinct. If alarms are going off from words or actions, pay attention.
- Pay Attention to Red Flags - Like those internal alarms that alert you to your gut feelings, you also have an alarm system to alert you to red flags. But more often than not, your alarm system is turned way down. Paying attention to red flags as they are presented to you on dates.
- Actions Speak Louder than Words - During the course of your dating life you will most likely find yourself on a date with someone whose actions speak much louder than their words. Maybe they’re attentive and chivalrous to you, but treat the waiter, bartender, and/or valet poorly. To get the most out of your dating life, it’s important to understand that actions speak louder than words. When someone’s actions are contrary to their words, this is not only a red flag, it’s gut-check time.
- Don't Play Games - What goes around comes around, right? know the importance of being honest and well-intentioned with the people they date. As a successful single, you owe it to yourself and the individuals you date not to play games. Call when you say you’re going to call. Do what you say you’re going to do, and be honest when the other person asks if you’d like to go out again.
- Know When to Say "Game Over" - Just as you should not play dating games, you will want to avoid getting played. Like it or not, there are plenty of players on the dating scene. It’s up to you to know the signs of the player, know their game, and be confident enough to say “game over.”
It's a tough world out there. The dating world that is. So I'd say it's better to be prepared and to have a game plan rather than not.