Saturday, December 12, 2009

Eat Your Heart out Etsy!

I didn't have a tree skirt. And I needed one. I had a great idea to make one, but couldn't find all the supplies I needed. So that idea got ixnayed.

Plan B: an idea taken from Crate and Barrel.

Modified.

First I got a very large piece of felt.  The string is to make a tool (whose name escapes me), that I safety pinned one end down and tied the other to a sharpie.  Then I drew a circle.

And I cut the circle out.  As well as making a little circle in the middle and cut a slit from outside to inside.


After raiding my mom's old button supply (in a jar that was quite full and quite dusty), I sewed them on the felt.  This was very therapeutic, and a good way to get caught up on a few weeks worth of neglected DVRing.

Then I put it under the tree.  TADA!
 
 This is my favorite button.  'Cause it's sparkly.  And it's old.

And there you have it.  My Christmas tree, complete with a new tree skirt.


Felt - $5.00
Buttons - Free
Time - Nada
Having a homemade tree skirt - Priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sparkly button was from Mimi's bathrobe!!! FYI

Anonymous said...

Very nice!