Saturday, December 5, 2009

A is for Apple Hill!

Slowly, bear with me, I'll get caught up on what has been going on in my life. 

Like this, about a month ago a group of friends and I went to Apple Hill for the day.  There were 4, 7, 10 of us and it was a great time.

Can you guess what's in Apple Hill?  Yep, apples. 


e started off going to one of the apple farms, which was also very commercialized.  But that's ok.  After a quick lunch, walked around, ...

checked out the trout pond, ...

sampled some homemade fudge (yum!), enjoyed the shining sun, ...

some bought apples.

It was time to move on.  To the good stuff.  To the fermented stuff.  And, no, I'm not talking apple jack.  I'm talking Jack Russell Brewery.  The stipulation for getting to borrow my mom's car, I had to bring them back beer.  And I did.

I had the hard ginger pear cider.  It was good.  We enjoyed their outdoor seating and the wonderful weather. Then we moved on to a winery.  It was ok.  They had a tasting fee which was a big ridiculous.  But the scenery was pretty.  Here's a group shot (thank you handy dandy camera remote).

Had some other fun with the camera.  Like play paparazzi with Mitch...

Then he got right up in my face about it!

Such a lovely fall day...

filled with friends, old and new.  Hi Amie!

After dinner (picture of Amie was at a pub for dinner), we drove home.  I hung out with Chris and Mitch after everyone parted ways.  From about 9:30 to midnight.  Just talking.  It was nice.

It was a nice day.

The end.




No comments: