Thursday, January 21, 2010

Today is the Day

I'd love to tell you that I have some witty blog coming today about life with pictures, etc.  But I don't.  At least not yet.  But what I do have is some good news...

RYLEN IS HAVING THE TWINS TODAY!!!

I received a 5:15am wake up call to Hakuna Matata (yes, that's Rylen's ringtone) letting me know that they were on the way to the hospital.  That 45 minutes earlier her water broke.  Then I couldn't go back to sleep and debated just getting ready and coming in to work super duper early.  But then I zzzzz... out.

About 8:20am I received an update call:  4.5 cm dilated, contractions 2 minutes apart, epidural had been administered (in case they have to perform an emergency c-section), and the expected EDT (estimated delivery time) is early afternoon.

So, by later today I will be an doting, spoiling (non-blood related) AUNT! 

(Unfortunately, due to the stupid H1N1 bug, besides Rylen and the hospital staff, she is allowed 2 people max in her room and to cross "the line", which means that I can't visit until they are home.  Same goes for her sister and dad and mom-in-law (that's visiting from NY), only Jim and her mom are allowed in then entire time she's admitted.  Hospital rules.)

No comments: