Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Dreaded Month

I'm not a negative person.  I strive to be positive, to not be a "negative nelly".  To see the glass half full not half empty.  Negativity gets you no where in life, so why not just be positive?  That's my thought.

Except for the month of February.  February is the month that I like the least.  Is it ok to have a least favorite month out of the year?

I dislike February.  I detest February.  I hate February.  I loathe February.  I..., well, you get the picture.  And do you know why?

Because February is full of hearts and mushy lovey-dovey junk.  Stuff that brings awareness to all single people out there that says, "Yes, you ARE alone.  You don't have someone to share hearts and mushy lovey-dovey stuff with.  You are, once again, dateless, flowerless, stuffed animalless, chocolateless (although my thighs are thankful for that), and loveless."

I know "loveless" maybe be a bit extreme, you know what I mean though.  I know that there are people that love me.  I have a wonderful family and great friends and love and appreciate me.  I know that the God of Love loves and cherishes me.  I know that I'm supposed to show love, because that's the greatest commandment of all, love one another as Christ loves me. (John 13:34) 

But I can't help but wonder, when is the God of Love going to send the emotional, physical, spiritual love that I so long and desire?  When will I get to rejoice for the month of February instead of want to hide in a corner? 

Now, for the next 24 days, I have to try to put on a happy face and make it through the month.  Which is hard, because this negative attitude affects just about every aspect of my life.  Work, at home, with friends, etc.

Alright, that's enough outta me!  Stepping off my little soap box and moving on with my day now.  The sooner the day is over the sooner the next day comes the sooner the month is over!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

"All the single ladies... all the single ladies"

Thank you Beyonce for having a song to more so make this month single awareness month!