Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Surprise 30th

My best friend Rylen, well, she's a wise one.  And she's a thorough planner.  I mean like, way thorough.  She knows how to cross every t and dot every i.  And boy did she have me fooled.  Here I was, mopping around because I was turning 30 and I didn't want to and my only plan was to spend the evening with my bff at a nice restaurant in Turlock.  And I was cool with that.  Maybe a little bummed that I wouldn't be doing anything with my family or friends, but I was totally ok with chillin' with Neen for the evening while enjoying good food and a fancy drink, or 4. 

But oh no, that's not what she had planned for the evening.  Not at all.  You see, Rylen had sneakily (yes, that's totally a word) been planning a surprise party for me since March.  March people!  That's 2 months!  I must admit, I was suspicious a couple of times, but I didn't want to invest too much daydreaming and wishing to end up being disappointed.  'Cause that's what I do in my noggin, and it's bad news bears when expectations aren't met by reality.

*Please note, I didn't hold my camera once during my party.  What I did hold at all times, filled by Rylen regularly, was a glass of delicious, homemade sangria.

Upon arrival, I admit it, I cried.  Tears welled up in my eyes and they spilled out.  I tried to contain it, but I'm a girl and that just isn't easy.  I love that people came from all over.  Bottom right corner = my college roomie and her hubby, they drove up from Fresno.  And the adorable little one in the bottom left corner, she came all the way from Korea.  My good friends adopted her and had only had her in their possession for a couple weeks.  So yes, it totally counts that she came all the way from Korea.
If you notice, everyone was wearing black and/or white. I wasn't. I didn't get the memo. Kaitlin tried to dress me in a HOT pink cute top, but then the zipper on my nice jeans busted, so I went with plan b.

Gotta love sibling pictures.  And people pictures.  And friends.  Lots and lots of friends.
And bestie pictures.  And more random people pictures.  And nice sibling picture followed by sister picture.  And the bocce ball was christen.
Good times.  Seriously.  Words cannot express my gratitude towards all the planning, scheming, and lying that people went through to pull this off.  YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Rylen, pay back is coming your way!  And now I owe you dinner at the Bistro!

To all you peeps that had your cameras present, please send me the link to where you've uploaded them.  :)

1 comment:

A said...

That's awesome that you got a suprise party with some awesome people!!

I recognise some of them and I bet it was a blast :)