Friday, March 9, 2007

Words to Live By: Comforter

com-fort-er, noun:
1. one who gives strength and hope.
2. one who eases grief or trouble.
3. one who administers consolation.
4. Biblical: God's Spirit
5. Personal: God's Spirit who dwells in you.

The Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.
-John 14:26

The Lord does comfort. In the midst of my sadness and turmoil, I feel comforted by God's loving embrace. I can sit in the corner and pity myself, but I still for the presence of my Father surrounding me. Not only does the Lord comfort me, but He puts people in life that also comfort me in ways that he cannot; like a physical hug, and spoken loving encouraging words. I praise and thank God for being the ultimate Comforter of mankind and of me.

O my Comforter in sorrow.
-Jeremiah 8:18

No comments: