Sunday, June 3, 2007

May Resolutions Results

My May resolutions were as listed below. The results are in bold.

1. Actively seek God in my day to day life, worshiping Him and bring Him glory.
Trying always, and a work in progress.

2. Still... No pastries, desserts, and nibblings from Hilmar Cheese. They are delicious. But they are the death of me.
Much more under control than it has been in the past. I still nibble, but I know when to stay away.

3. Yep, this one again... Lose 5 pounds. Time to get seriously serious, summer is closer than just around the corner, it's in less than a month.
During the month of May I lost between 3 and 4 pounds! Yeah me!

4. Go somewhere out of the area. Last month was Washington DC. It won't be somewhere as far, but I'm definitely going somewhere at least 50 miles away. My BFF, Rylen, and I are planning something for Memorial Day weekend. But we're not sure what to do yet. Any ideas?
I didn't go anywhere for Memorial Day weekend. But I did go down to SLO for a cousin's wedding. 3 hours away counts as going somewhere.

5. Still Target in moderation. Shopping only by a list of needs. And no, that does not mean that I'll be making the list as I shop. :)
I'm doing good on this one. I only splurged once all month when I purchased a Bosu ball, which I've been wanting for months.

6. God has a plan for me in my job situation. And I'm trusting Him, but I still have to actively pursue opportunities out there. So I will continue to look for a new job.
Still keeping my eyes open, but staying where I am for now.

7. Have the BEST darn birthday EVER (May 14)! Anyone care to join me?
I had a GREAT birthday! That night I had bible study where they had strawberry shortcake for me, yummmm.... Tuesday night my wonderful friends surprised me at Tuesday Night Dinner with a party. 2 weeks after my birthday my parents took me out to dinner, and a good friend took me out to lunch. Gotta love birthdays that you celebrate all month! Oh yea, but I did break my pinky toe on my birthday. (for more info see prior posts.)

8. Quit rewarding myself with food. If I do something good or deserving or a reward (went on a walk, lost weight, made it through a day at work, etc.) I tend to treat myself to something with calories, and lots of them. Time to reward myself with something different. A pedicure, manicure, new shirt, or purse, or whatever.
I can't say I was entirely successful at this one. But I didn't over indulge in what I did do.

No comments: