Thursday, July 5, 2007

What a great "faux" weekend!

I love weeks like this one. Work Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was a holiday (although I worked a couple hours), then I took Thursday off. 2 days on, 2 days off, one day on, 2 days off. Why can't every week be like that?

The "faux weekend" really started off Tuesday night, when Jenn and I hosted Tuesday Night Dinner at George's (aka Thomas & Katie's) House. The food was great, minus the crispy teriaki chicken. Most of the guys left earlier than normal to catch their late showing of Transformers. Jenn and I cleaned up and went to Target and Wal-Mart (the devil).

Yesterday was the Fourth of July. And I celebrated (sans the fireworks and sparklers)! Friends came over, friends swam, friends ate and drank, friends swam some more, and friends played liars dice. Friends are fun! It was pretty much a perfect way to celebrate and stay cool at the same time.

Enjoy some pictures for your viewing pleasure!


Aiden in the water playing with Aunt Allie.


Monty, prepared for the worst...falling in and not finding the steps.


Jeffery family #1.


Me.


Darren playing catch outside the pool.


George floating. Could life get better? No effort in floating, and a beer... ahhhhh...


Jenn & Anthony.


Rob. I don't know what he's doing...


Oops. I lied. There were sparklers, but they came out after everyone left. That's my brother, Chris, showing his spirit.


For my Thursday off, which I took mainly because I had a doctor's appointment, I also ended up driving down to Fresno to visit the MOST adorable soon-to-be-two-year-old ever! This child would be Macie, the same that I visited in DC. She has grown leaps and bounds since April. I'm no longer Nortney... But hey, I've upgraded to Courtnee. How 'bout that? In addition to seeing Macie, I got to see her mom and my old roommate, Melissa. It was great seeing both of them, and eating Cheesecake Factory... yummyyyy..... I can't wait until they move back to California!
Hi, how cute is she!?!

Muah! Macie blowing kisses to her mommy.


Cheese! No, really. She's eating a grilled cheese sandwich and showing it off.

I pretty much can't wait until the real weekend starts, after tomorrow at 5pm!

(By the way, I have an interview Friday from 4-5. Please pray for me during that time.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Will do. What job is it for? You'll be great.

I love the pics. Sorry I missed being with all of those friends! :)