Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wanna hear a funny story...?

I always knew I was in store for a "funny story" when my college roommate would come home from where ever she had been and would ask me, "Wanna hear a funny story?" Those were great times, times that I will remember and cherish. What's great is that after living 3 years outside of the state, on the other side of the country, she's moving back with her husband and daughter. I was lucky to be one of their stops on the last leg of their trek back from Sacramento to Fresno. It was great to see them, even though it's only been a couple months. My family got to see them, some of whom had never met Macie.

But I do have a funny, no really it was an ahhhh, story for you. I was sitting on the kitchen floor with Macie in my lap while everyone was standing around visiting. Now, mind you, Macie just turned 2 years old. She turned and looked up at me with her big blue eyes and her little sweet voice and said, "I so happy to see you." Ahhhhh, my heart melted and I shed a tear. She's so precious.

But watch out Melissa! I'm gonna get to share with Macie all of her mommy's "funny stories".

No comments: