Monday, July 7, 2008

Best Excuses If You Get Caught Sleeping In Your Cubicle

This is very fitting after a nice long holiday weekend...

  • It’s okay…I’m still billing the client.
  • They told me at the blood bank this might happen.
  • This is just a 15-minute power-nap like they raved about in the last time management course you sent me to.
  • I was working smarter, not harder.
  • Whew! Guess I left the top off the liquid paper.
  • I wasn’t sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!
  • This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!
  • I was testing the keyboard for drool resistance.
  • I’m in the management-training program.
  • This is in exchange for the six hours last night when I dreamed about work!
  • I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminatory towards people who practice Yoga?
  • Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem.
  • The coffee machine is broke…
  • Someone must’ve put decaf in the wrong pot.
  • Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won’t wear off!
  • It worked well for Reagan, didn’t it?
  • I was cross-training for telecommuting.Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic.
  • I wasn’t sleeping. I was trying to pick up my contact lens without hands.
  • The mailman flipped out and took out a gun so I was playing dead to avoid getting shot.

No comments: