Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Footsie Wootsie

Pay no attention to the people in this picture. They are old co-workers. People that I used to work with at my fresh out of college job, at the Merced County Fair.
The fair which occured last week, that I attended last Wednesday to go to a concert (more on that and my future husband later). You know what's great about working at fairs, you know people. You know people that are excited to see you and give you a corn dog and water (Thanks Tracee!)

The most wonderful part of working at the fair during the fair were those machine. Those things they call "Footsie Wootsie". Or as I like to call them "25 Cents of Heaven." They were wonderful. I think throughout the 6 day fair I spend $10 on them.

What happens is you drop your coin in the slot, and then this "feet mold" where your...feet are... starts to shake and vibrate and hum. Oh...it's wonderful. Wow, writing that out it actually sounds kinda dirty. But honest to pete it's for your feet. (I'm a poet and didn't even know it.)

And last week, I spend 25 cents of someone else's money for my own pure enjoyment.

And honestly, I've googled those machines. And I can't find them anywhere. And if I could, you know what, I'd buy one! And I'd have it in my living room for my guests to enjoy. Cause what good is having something if you can't share it. And maybe, if my guests are lucky, I'll have a dish of quarters for them to use on the machine.

Or maybe I'll just charge them. I haven't decided yet.

But you know what, the Stanislaus County Fair starts this Friday and they get those machines too. And boy howdy, I'm showin' up prepared to have my feet massaged.

No comments: