Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Possum Sighting

Over the course of the last 7 days, I've seen 5 or 6 too many possums. Now, I know that it's really only the same 2 animals just moving along the fence 5 minutes apart every night. But it's still too much possum for me. Well, last week I heard the dog sirens start to sound. So I took my time, grabbed my flip flops, flashlight, and camera. This is what I found...

Get ready for it...

Orini
Possum as I approached it with my camera.
A little closer...
BAM! Hello nasty possum. Would you like to meet my 22?
I really don't have a 22. But my dad does. I keep asking him to polish it up for me.

Riley pacing the fence. She's hoping it comes back and falls off the fence. That actually is cleaner than a 22. But then I have to worry about disease and all that nasty stuff that they carry.
See that little pile of bricks and fence board in the corner. That's where the first possum came out of to play. Riley didn't play so nice with it though.
Stinkin' vermin. Better watch out. We're waiting for you...