Thursday, July 24, 2008

Watch out Tiger...

The next female pro golfer, Courtney Montague, is on the move to the PGA tour.

Today I went golfing with a gal from work. Please keep in mind, I don't consider myself in any way, shape or form. In fact, the last time I golfed (regular not mini) was probably a good 2 or 3 years ago.

And I wasn't very good. Bless my Father and his patience.

But today, I seemed to be pretty decent. At least with the first hit, getting the ball on the (or bounced off of) the green about 66% of the time. Now putting, that's where I need the practice.

Maybe I should go mini golfing for practice.

I told Tamara time and time again, "I'm no good", "I hardly ever go golfing", "Prepare to laugh!" She was quite surprised, as was I, at my blossoming skill...at getting the ball of the tee. And everytime I had a good hit, she'd remind me that "You suck!" Suck in a good way, not a bad way.

(Don't go there with the suck comments...)

So we're going to start golfing on a regular basis. And as people get back from vacations there will be more of us out there.

Please be on the look-out for my name on the golf station. I know you watch it often, to take a nap to, just listen for my name.

I probably shouldn't have had the Diet Rock Star while honing my golf game. It's 11:40 at night and I'm wound up.

No comments: