Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's beginning to look...

a lot like Christmas.

As I'm sure you know, every commercialized store in America has had the Christmas decorations up for months now. What, since August or September?

Since starting choir rehearsal last week for the Christmas service I've caught the bug.

I admit, this past Monday, I...started...putting up Christmas decorations in my house. There, I said it!

I don't have anything fall. At least not that I could remember. And quite honestly, I couldn't remember all that I have for Christmas. So I started pulling stuff up and putting it out. Kinda. I'm taking inventory, and making a shopping list. Garland is needed in a bad way.

Honestly though, I put my tree up about 4 weeks ago. I was tired of seeing it sitting outside in a box not big enough. Covered in dust, spider webs, grass clippings. It was time to just put it up. Although, the pre-strung lights that worked last year, don't work anymore. So maybe that will be this weekend's chore, removing the old and putting on the new.

7 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Everyone at school is decorating for Christmas... I feel like Scrooge! Thanksgiving comes before Christmas, and shouldn't be forgotten. Although the purpose for everyone down here is that there's technically only 1 week before Christmas break after Thanksgiving, understandably start celebrating the holidays now!

I miss you and can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

Teaseburger said...

Okay wait... you put your Christmas Tree up 4 weeks ago!?!?!?! LOL!!!!!! You crack me up!!!!

Courtney said...

The tree was up, but not decorated. :p

M, A, C and K too! said...

Okay Courtney... You totally have me beat! I love Christmas- MOST FAVORITE HOLIDAY OF ALL TIME for me- however, I still celebrate Fall! You are too funny!

Courtney said...

I don't have any fall decoration... :(

M, A, C and K too! said...

Okay then... I am going to have to start looking out for cute Fall stuff for you!

By the way... I so love looking at your blog and getting updated on your life- I think I need to have coffee with you to find out more about MR. Alaska! ;-)

Courtney said...

Yea, I'll have to keep an eye out too. Especially since stuff will be going on sale soon!

Coffee would be wonderful! We both have a lot of new stuff going on in life!

Mr. Alaska is wonderful!