Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tag! I'm it!

My friend Allie tagged me!

List 10 random things about yourself and FOOD...
  1. I don't like to eat foods that involve pulling with your front teeth (i.e. ribs, corn on the cob, artichokes). Don't get me wrong, I love the flavors, just not the method of eating. I think it goes back to my younger days when I had braces and that was a big no-no.
  2. I went 19 years not liking or eating hamburgers. All of the sudden when I was 19 and carpooling back to college, I had a hankering for an In-n-Out burger when we stop to get a bite to eat. I've been eating them ever since.
  3. I love to cook. But I never do because I live alone. And I enjoy trying new recipes.
  4. I've been in the food service industry since I was about 7. Oh the joys of a family owned/run catering business. So cooking for 100+ isn't a big deal.
  5. I don't like tomatoes. Unless they're in spaghetti sauce, ketchup, cooked on this yummy pizza, mixed with basil,olive oil, garlic and mozzarella. So basically, I don't like them fresh on salads (with the exception to this recipe), in my burgers, ummmm... Guess I'm kinda picky about how and when I like tomatoes.
  6. I like all things sugar. Cookies, candy, cake, tarts, pie, etc. It's my downfall really. I'd probably only be 120 pound if I didn't have this problem.
  7. When making brownies, I always lick the bowl. And the spoon. And if the batter isn't level in the pan, then I level it off and lick the spoon again.
  8. Eating breakfast for dinner is a common thing. Pancakes, french toast, a bowl of cereal, omelets, etc.
  9. I can eat a 2 pound bag of baby carrots over the course of a week. Eating them only during lunch.
  10. Growing up my mom made dinner 5-6 times a week and we ate as a family. Because of that eating has been in grained in me as family time, or as a social occasion. I hope to one day instill in my children the same values that I grew up with. Dinner is a time for family to come together to talk and enjoy each others company.
Now I'm supposed to tag 5 people who like food...

I tag Kaitlin, Stacey, Paige, Krista & Amanda... (if you want)

No comments: