- Are there any movies that inspire you to bake/cook?
Inspire, yes. Movies like Julie & Julia, and... umm... Ok, so that's the most recent and front of my brain movie I can think of.
- What's your favorite food blog and why?
Ready for a list?
The Pioneer Woman - 'cause a little more butter never hurt anyone.
Bakerella - Cakes, pies, and pastries oh my!
How Sweet It Is - Good, simple recipes
CakeSpy - baked goods galore, plus bakery reviews from across the nation
Tasty Kitchen - Technically not a blog, so there are so many good recipes there
A Pinch, a Dash, and a Splash - my own little food/recipe blog (shameless plug, go check it out)
- Who's your favorite celebrity chef?
I'm a huge fan of Sandra Lee (semi-homemade). Mainly because they're easy recipes. And I like Ina Garten, Rachel Ray, ummm... I'd say Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman) is a celebrity now with her published top seller cookbook and all.
- What's your favorite kitchen tool?
Garlic chopper/mincer. KitchenAid. I'm trying to think what I use most frequently...
- When it comes to cooking/baking, what's your speciality?
Baking period. I'm much more comfortable with cookies, cakes, etc. I do fairly well at just about everything I attempt though. Key word, fairly.
- When in the kitchen, do you wear an apron, if so, any cute ones you'd like to share?
No, but only because I don't have an apron. :( I really need one though. Soon enough I'll get one for myself.
- Is there anything that intimidates you when it comes to baking/cooking? (ie. pie crust, yeast breads, sauces, etc...)
Yeast breads for shizel! And recipes with more than 9 ingredients. I tend to skip over those often.
- What's the weirdest gadget in your kitchen?
Ummmm...hummmm...nothing weird that I can think of.
- What's your go-to music for cooking/baking?
I generally just turn iTunes on suffle and let it pick out my music for me. I'm odd like that, I don't often "crave" a certain type of music.
- After several failures, what do you do to motivate yourself to get back in the kitchen to try again?
Haha! I'll make excuses, like, "well, I tried to make it healthier by substituting ingredients. guess that didn't work.", then I try again making adjustments (or following the original recipe). I won't let the kitchen beat me at my own game. Kinda like it Julie & Julia, Julie had to successfully make a recipe to complete it.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Ten on Tuesday
It's that time of the week again...