Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Delete...delete... and delete

Some of you may be wondering what I've been doing lately. Or not. But I'm going to tell you anyways.

By lately I mean the last couple of days to a week. So really not that long, but nonetheless it's something that I've been doing; mainly because I've been feeling convicted.

I, little by little, have been deleting secular music from my computer.

Here's the thing. I listen to Christian music primarily. It's what I play in my car, and what I tend to go to on my iPod. So, why, if I mostly listen to Christian music, do I feel the need to have so many secular songs on my computer? It's like I'm collecting songs or something. And the thing of it is, I hardly listen to probably 75% of them.

So, I started off with about 11.2 GIGABYTES of songs, not including the CD's that I own and have uploaded. Of that 11.2 gigs, only 2.4 is of the Christian, gospel, or worship genres. Here's how I've been going about the deletion process, as I hear a song that I normally skip, delete. If there are random songs that I have by an artist just because I like one of their songs, delete. You get the picture. So far I've deleted almost a gig of music, but there is a lot more to go. I've also been replacing the deleted stuff with more Christian music.

I guess this could kinda fall into one of my resolutions of purging or cleaning. It's just one of the needed steps to clean up my life, and filling my ears with words pleasing to God.

No comments: