Now, I know God has blessed me with at least one gift, but I couldn't necessarily tell you what it is. Sure, I could tell you about my character, but I could never tell you biblically what I feel I've been gifted with.
Maybe this quiz would help. Or at least maybe it would enlighten me.
So what am I? First off, here are my options:
- Showing Mercy
Next the "Spiritual Gifts Analysis" goes further to describe your gifts. Spiritual gifts are tools God gives Christians to do the work of the ministry - to fulfill the Great Commission... So my dominant gifts are showing mercy and exhortation (I'm gonna learn what that one is).
- The Greek word "ellco" means to feel sympathy with or for others.
- You have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by identifying with and comforting those who are in distress.
- You understand and comfort your fellow Christians.
- You have the ability to show empathy, which is to feel with others, not just for others.
- You seem to say the right thing at the right time.
- Your personality is likely one of soft-spoken love.
- It hurts you to scold someone; you are very non-condemning.
- People love you because of all the love you give them.
- You find it easy to express yourself and are outgoing with a low-key inoffensive personality.
- You are easy to talk to, responsive to people, a good listener, peaceable, and agreeable.
- You tend to make decisions based on feelings rather than facts, and you like to think about things for a while before making a decision.
- You tend to attract people who are hurting or rejoicing because you identify with them.
- Try not to resent others who are not as understanding as you.
- Refrain from becoming a gossiper when you are around other mercy-showers.
- Do not let your circumstances control you.
- Your gift is best in times of sorrow and in times of great joy.
- The Greek word "parakaleo" means to admonish, to encourage, to beseech.
- You are a "how to" person.
- You have a Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by motivating others to action by urging them to pursue a course of conduct.
- You reach out and help Christians become more mature.
- You are a very practical person, a good counselor, tolerant of others, serious-minded, orderly, and usually impulsive.
- You are comfortable working one-on-one or in groups.
- You are enthusiastic and talkative and enjoy encouraging others.
- You likely place great importance on God's will and believe that His Word has the answer for every problem.
- You tend to make decisions logically rather than on feelings and are very orderly.
- Be careful not to interrupt other people; your enthusiasm sometimes makes you guilty of this.
So what are your spiritual gifts? How do you feel God is using you?