Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm in the corn casserole Hall of Fame

Not that I'm famous, but it's my "claim to fame"...

My claim to fame... Although it's not really my recipes everyone seems to like to give me credit for it. I have a recipe that I got from an Aunt of mine called Fiesta Corn Casserole. I've made it countless times for different dinners with friends. Now, don't go thinking that I'm boring and can't make anything else, that I always have to rely to the recipe that I can recite in my sleep. Cause that's not true, the boring part that is. I can recite it the recipe in my sleep, scary I know! So everytime (well, not everytime) I'm invited to a dinner and I offer to bring something (like every good guest should), I'm asked to bring "Courtney's Corn Casserole".

I even made a boo boo once while making it, but now it's the favorite. I grabbed the wrong can at the grocery store, and instead of diced green chilis we ended up with diced jalapenos. Let me tell you, spicy but delish! Now I generally put a can of each to make it more of a mild spicy (when I say a can of each it's because I'm doubling the recipe.)

You want the recipe?

Of course you do!

Go here!

Ok, so I can't make it a hyperlink yet, but I will. I promise.

Mental note, add link when I get home.

Someone remind me around 5pm please...

No comments: