Friday, June 12, 2009

The Straight and Narrow Path

Or... not straight... and, well, not narrow. But it's still a path! And I love it!

Starting with Easter weekend... (Shush, I know that was like 2+ months ago!)

Coleman was my key superstar helper! He rocked!
Good job guys! Keep up the good work! Thanks Chris for all your help!Paige did come out and help a little later. She helped move things along.

Continuing on the following weekend. This time I recruited help. I'm truly blessed with great friends and family.

Rockin' brick chippers! Reusing bricks = save $$$. Reusing bricks = extra work to make them usable.
Notice the driveway back there?Thomas did some sort of Irish jig to stomp the bricks down and get the quick set cement stuff to settle.And now I have my path...
It's not perfect. But I love it! I love that we did it. With our own bare hands. And saved money while we were at it.

Doesn't it just help complete the house and give it some curb appeal? Yea, I thought so too.

4 comments:

Danae said...

That looks AWESOME!!!

Teaseburger said...

Um yes. And why did we have to do it on a day that was like 107 degress outside??

Courtney said...

Dear Stacey,
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And since you're not dead yet, you must be pretty darn STRONG!

heart,
Courtney

Courtney said...

Dear Stacey,
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And since you're not dead yet, you must be pretty darn STRONG!

heart,
Courtney