Wednesday, October 14, 2009

August & September Updates

I slack!  So you get a 2 for 1 (August and September).  Enjoy!
  1. Run (not walk) a 5k race.
    09 - Nope, still hasn't happened.
    08 - Negative ghost writer.

    07 - Dare I tell you the truth? I'm sure you can guess what it is. Boo me!

    06 - How do you spell out the sound that is made on games shows when they get the wrong answer? Yea, that's the sound I'm making right now.

    05 - Ummm... I admit it. I SUCK! Besides moving the massive pile of bricks from my backyard I did
    nothing.
    04 - HA! Well, I maybe went on a couple walky-jogs. I've yet to sign up to race in anything. Need more training!

    03 - Definitely went walk/jogging more often in March. Oh, and crunches, I've done some crunches!
    02 - I've gone walking a few more times than I did in January. That's progress!
    01 - So, ah, I've gone walking once or twice. That's a start!
  2. Read the Bible in a year.
    09 - Finished reading John, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, 2 Chronicles, Malachi, Jude, and Ezra.  Currently a little behind with reading, but will be caught up by month's end.
    08 - Completed 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, and Zechariah.

    07 - In July I finished reading Mark, Hosea, 1 Kings, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, and Jonah.
    06 - On track! Finished reading Romans, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel and Daniel.
    05 - Keepin' up! Finished reading through Judges, Job, Ruth, Acts, and Joshua.
    04 - Still goin'! Finished Matthew, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
    03 - On track! In March I've finished reading though Leviticus, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon.
    02 - I'm doing just dandy with this. I've completely read through Genesis, Exodus, and Hebrews. I'm almost done with Leviticus and Proverbs.
    01 - So far, so good!
  3. Lose 10 pounds.
    09 - Dropped another 3.1 pounds!  Go me!
    08 - Down .2 pound.  Yep, every little bit counts!

    07 - So I don't know where I am. Mid July I got a new scale, which wasn't the same as my old one. There was about a 4 pound difference. So you'll get a number come next month. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say I maintained.
    06 - From the first day of June to the last day of June I weighed the same. There of course was variation throughout the month.
    05 - Broke even...
    04 - I warn you, I wasn't down. I kinda slipped. See chart below... (Shown is March and April)
    03 -Down 1 pound. Hey, it's a loss! See chart below...
    02 - 5.5 pounds down...from returning cruise weight...
    01 - So what if I told you that I was down 9 pounds by my own scale in just January alone? Yep, it's true. Wanna see my chart? Of course you do!

  4. Post a picture a day...taken on that day... instead of a quote a day.
    09 - Almost caught up...
    08 - Working on getting caught up.

    07 - Yep.
    06 - Something like that. It's getting done regardless. I have been playing more with photoshop and have been using photoshopped pictures.
    05 - Yep. A picture is going up each day. Sometimes there are lags between days due to intermittent internet.
    04 - Still not a picture from that day, but posting pictures from within the time frame of the date. Flowers are in bloom and beautiful, plus they're easy subjects, so I've taken a lot of flower pictures.
    03 - Still not doing the best on the picture being from that day, but whatever, I'm posting a picture a day.
    02 - After the cruise I slacked on taking a picture a day. But I was still posting a picture a day. I'll work on that...
    01 - Ok, so I've slacked a few days. But I get caught up!
  5. Have monthly dinner party, or at least invite some friends over for dinner.
    09 - Hosted TND in September.  Homemade pizzas was a smashing hit!
    08 - Denied!

    07 - Hosted family. That's about it. July = hot = me no wanna cook in my west facing kitchen.
    06 - TND was at my place last Tuesday of June. Other than that it's just been my family. Nothing new and exciting has been made though.

    05 - Boo! I've had my family over. But I did gather friends for my birthday dinner!...at BJ's...
    04 - Well, I had people over, wait no that was May 1st. Ah! Yes, I had a lunch buffet sandwich building business thing for those giving souls that helped work on my path. (I still need to share my path don't I?)
    03 - Woot woot! Hosted TND on the 5th Tuesday. Total about 15 people came. I made this for dinner. It was good! Making a vow to have people over more often.
    02 - The last couple weeks I've had my family over for dinner on Friday nights. And I've volunteered to have TND at my house the 5th Tuesday of March. I'll let you know how that goes.
    01 - I failed for January. February isn't over yet though...
  6. Down size possessions...aka clutter
    09 - Sent pile to church yard sale!
    08 - Pile growing..

    07 - Moving things every now and then. I've got a little pile building up to get rid of.
    06 - Finally got the stuff from my baby box transferred into a rubbermaid box. I've found a few things around the house to move into the yard sale pile. Always a work in progress.
    05 - I rearranged my back room. Now when looking in it looks less cluttered. That counts, right?
    04 - Decided that my back room needs to be cleaned out and rearranged, especially the closet. So that is going to be my project for May.
    03 - Sure...? I actually physically removed the bags of stuff to get rid of. So I guess that counts since it was cluttering up my room.
    02 - I rearranged the living/dining room and went though some more of my closet.

    01 - I've gone through my closet and through my pile of purses.
  7. Try new recipes from the cookbooks I have. (see #5, they will be guinea pigs...)
    09 - Created best topped pizzas ever!
    08 - hummm...

    07 - Yea, ok, you got me. I'm pretty sure I didn't try anything new.
    06 - See #5.
    05 - New recipes tried for Memorial BBQ. One recipe is posted on my recipe site, the others will come shortly.
    04 - Sure I've made stuff. What have I made...? Cake pops, I made cake pops!
    03 - Family = guinea pigs. Poor family...
    02 - Ummmm... I haven't tried anything new. But I've tried new things that my mom has made. Does that count...?
    01 - Boo me! How does cereal sound? Mac & Cheese...?
  8. Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week (walk/jog, Wii Fit, DVD, etc., see #1 which will lead to #3)
    09 - Walked lots while on vacation.  That counts, right?
    08 - Haha... ump...

    07 - I think maybe I went on a walk. Once. I did do some yard work. Three times. Wait! No, I lied. I went on more than one walk when I was down south. Haha! Victory!
    06 - See #1. Eeerrrrnnnnttttt, maybe that's how you spell it.
    05 - Boo...
    04 - See #1. I really need to start doing something, anything.
    03 - Need to make a REAL commitment to do this on a regular basis. Once the habit is made I'll be in good shape. The time change has really kicked my butt though, I get home and I just want to be lazy.
    02 - Boo! I'm still on the once a week average. Time to kick it into gear!
    01 - I've averaging about once a week of exercising on purpose. But I do activities that include activity.
  9. Daily make time for God.
    09 - Realizing that I suck at this!  Need to make a point to spend one on one time with God, and not multi-task with God.
    08 - Need to work on this more and more.

    07 - Started an awesome bible study book with my group called "Me, Myself & Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild. I highly recommend it.
    06 - Reading the bible daily is a help, fo shizel. Daily being stretched and molded.
    05 - Will be a continuous work in progress for the rest of my life.
    04 - Prayer, reading, bible study, church, worship, etc. I do it all, but I'm still lacking. I'm by no means perfect.
    03 - If you count my daily readings as time spent with God then I'm doing well. Although it's not always necessarily quality time though...
    02 - There is always room for improvement here. But I'm human and I'm trying. I pray more regularly and I'm in the Word daily. That's definitely moving in the right direction.

    01 - Doing well. Spending lots of time in prayer. I'm not even kidding.
  10. Travel somewhere new.
    09 - Went to Florida.  'Nuff said.
    08 - Stayed close to home in August.

    07 - Drove, by myself, down to Southern California for a twofold vacation: visit my college roommate and her family in Rancho Santa Margarita and to attend a cousin's wedding in Claremont.
    06 - Didn't go anywhere in June. Stay tuned for later months.
    05 - Traveled to ummm, the big town of Lodi. For the Zinfest. I had never been to that part of Lodi before, so it was new, therefore I traveled somewhere new. Go me!
    04 - I went to my favoritest place in California, back to where I went to college, San Luis Obispo. Although it was a quick day trip, it was well worth it. I saw family, I drank wine, I ate at Firestone's and walked around downtown, and went to Pismo. I need to go back again, but next time for a little longer.
    03 - Currently there are no travel plans and I don't like that! I need to plan something asap to make me feel human again!
    02 - Um, did I go anywhere in February? I don't think so. But that's ok!
    01 - Just got back from a cruise to Cabo about a week and a half ago.

No comments: