- Favorite book(s) when you were a child and why?
Oh my goodness, this question is making me go back into the recesses of my memory... The first books that came to mind were the Paddington Bear books. I loved his rain jacket and rain boots. And, yea, the Berenstain Bears too. I even had a cassette tape (that's right, a tape!) that read along with one of the books I had. Good times...
- First “grown-up” book you remember reading (i.e. written for adolescents or with adult themes, such as The Outsiders or Catcher in the Rye).Ahhhh... I honestly don't remember.
- Favorite movie that came from a book (even if you didn’t read the book and just love the movie).
If I'm gonna watch a movie that was first a book, I always make it a goal to read the book first. For the most part, if I watch it first, I won't read it even if it was on my "to read" list. Just about anything Nicholas Sparks turned movie - The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and even though I didn't like how the book ended I'm excited about Dear John. (Did you know that Sparks not only writes the books, but he also writes the screenplays for the movies?) I know there are many more movies out there, but those are the first that come to mind. Which reminds me, when does The Time Travelers Wife come out on DVD? I haven't seen that one yet.
- Movie that you loved so much that you WISHED there was a book out so that you could find out more about the movie.
Love Actually. The Holiday. Confession time, I like reading the kinds of books that if they were made into movies they'd be a total chick flick.
- Worst book you’ve ever read?
Shoot! What was that one book called...? Ok, I know there was one this one time, but I can't remember what it was. That's how good it was. I'm probably gonna get shot for this one, but I could not get into Wicked. I loved the play. But the book, totally different and I just struggled to get to the point that I did before giving up.
- Book that everyone raves about that you either a) haven’t read and feel slightly dumb for not having read it or b) have tried to read and hated and so feel slightly dumb that everyone is getting something you don’t.See above - Wicked. The Twilight series, I really have no interest in reading them. (But Chelsea, the Harry Potter books are so good! :) )
- If you were forced to choose only 3 books that you could read for the rest of your life, which ones would they be? (Or if you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 books would you want there with you?).
1) The Bible. 2) I'm gonna need something comical, so maybe like Big John's Bathroom Reader or something like that. 3) (Mentally scanning my bookshelf...) I'm drawing a blank. How about...
- Name one book that if you could recommend that everyone you know read, what is it?
The Bible doesn't count, 'cause that's an obvious one. I would recommend Captivating.
- What is your “guilty pleasure” reading?Yep, chick lit all the way. It's really not that bad. It's not dirty or raunchy, it's clean (for the most part), feel good kind of books.
- What book (excepting the Bible or other major document of your religion/faith) has changed your outlook on life the most?
I don't think any book besides the Bible has changed my outlook on life. I could see how some have possibly aided, but not changed.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Ten for Tuesday
It's Ten for Tuesday time! This week it's all about...Books!