- Fill in the blank. Sometimes I wish my life was more ______.Oh boy. This question could go so many different ways. The way I want it to be. Complete. Spontaneous. Affordable (as far as being able to do what I want, like travel and not have to work a normal 8-5 job).
- How do you cure the hiccups?It's a secret. Next time you have the hiccups I'll tell you.
- What are three of your favorite indulgences?
1/2 Fat, Slow Churned Ice Cream
Peanut Butter M&M's
- Where is the most exotic place you would like to travel to? The most mundane?Exotic: Anywhere outside North America, perferrably Greece or Italy. Mundane: Anywhere to visit family.
- Does having your time planned out stress you or relax you?Both. It all depends on what is on my planned list. If it's a lot of big things and I feel crunched for time to get them done then I start to stress, but it's manageable stress. I'd stress if I didn't have things planned out either though. For the most part, I am a planner. I love lists. I love crossing things off lists. Overly planned anything stresses me out though. To the max.
- What are your favourite fabrics to wear?Soft cotton. Sweat pant cotton materia. Flannel, as in pj pants. Whatever that material that a lot of shirts are being made from lately, the softly, thin, flowy stuff.
- Do you sleep through the night?
I used to sleep like a log. Not so much any more. With Riley and her seizures I'm up whenever I hear her moving. The noise of her scratching her neck sounds very similar to the noise of when she seizes. Now I just need to start going to be early enough to get a full 8 hours...
- When you were younger, what did you think you would be doing at this age? How close is that to what you are doing?
I knew I wanted to go to Cal Poly like my parents and my aunts and uncles. I had no concept of actually graduating, I just knew that after I was a big kid (high school) I wanted to move on and go to the school that most of myfamily went to. I don't remember what occupation I wanted. (mom, help me out...) Probably a teacher or a nurse. Maybe I wanted to be a mommy. As I got older this was the plan: 1) graduate high school, 2) go to Cal Poly, 3) work on my MRS degree, 4) graduate from Cal Poly, 5) get married within a year or 2 of graduation, 6) be married a few years before starting a family, 7) be a stay at home mommy or work from home. So far I've completed 1, 2, 4, and I'm working on the "work from home" part of 7.
- What has surprised you most about growing up?
Growing up too fast was not a good idea. It's not a given that you get a real job then buy a house. Or that you graduate from college and get married. Things haven't gone "according to my plan" but that doesn't mean that I haven't enjoyed the life I've been given.
- Are you good at keeping secrets?Yes. No. Depends how big the secret is. Sometimes I even forget what the secret was, other times I have to consciously not tell the secret or make it obvious that I have one.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Ten for Tuesday
Yea, Ten for Tuesday time!