Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ten for Tuesday

I look forward to Tuesdays, and Ten for Tuesday.  Mainly because that's about all I'm posting right now.  That will change, mark my word, I just can't promise when. 
  1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
    Seriously!?!  I have to pick one?!?  How about a few favorites...  Favorite ice cream from an ice cream parlor: Coldstone's White Chocolate.  Favorite full fat from a carton:  toss up between Ben & Jerry's Half Baked (or is it Everything But The...?), Chocolate with Peanut Butter swirl (or "ribbon"), and/or Starbuck's Caramel Macchiato.  Favorite low fat from a carton:  Dreyer's - just about all the options.  Favorite nonfat:  FroYos baby!  Nope, you can't tell at all that I like ice cream.  Can you?
  2. What is your earliest memory?
    Oh great!  A memory question!  I don't think I could honestly answer this one.  Most of my "memories" are conjured up by remember a picture that I then remember the story behind.  I wish I could remember when I held the puppy upside down.  I have a picture of my aunt holding me while at Catalina Island, I was maybe 5.  I don't remember that moment, but from that trip I do remember playing mini golf and a staircase in the condo where we were staying. 
  3. What is your earliest memory of a dessert?
    Ok, who keeps bringing up memories?  I don't remember my earliest dessert.  I love dessert though.  And I've got hips and thighs to prove it!
  4. Do you have any recurring dreams?
    Nope.  Random dreams, yes.  Recurring dreams, no.
  5. Have you ever dreamed about dessert?
    No.  Probably the only time in my life when I'm not waiting something sweet.
  6. What is one thing (aside from a cell phone or computer) that you cannot go the entire day without?
    Ummmmm...my pillow, aka sleep.  I value my sleep.  It wouldn't show though being as it takes me forever to get from not in bed to in bed at night.  I really need to work on that.  My pillow and I need longer cheek to cheek time.
  7. What is one dessert you could go your entire life without ever having again?
    The "diet" cake from the cruise last year.  BLAH!  Diet?  Try cardboard cake!  And fruitcake, although I don't know if I've every actually had it (bad memory, remember?).  I think I have, but I couldn't tell you for sure.  I'm positive that I don't/wouldn't like it though!
  8. If you could go on vacation tomorrow, where would you go? (Assume someone else is footing the bill, but within reason…so “the moon” won’t work.)Right now?  Somewhere warm, sunny, and tropical.  Bora Bora or Fiji maybe.  Or New Zealand or Australia.  And since someone else is footing the bill, can someone else suffer the consequences of my over indulging of food too?
  9. If you could have any dessert tomorrow, what would you have (assume someone else is buying it for you. Within reason though, no “gold sprinkled ice cream cones.”)
    A Napoleon from Gayle's Bakery in Capitola.  Pastry layered with raspberry sauce and a homemade whipped cream.  Oh....  So.... Good....  I haven't had one in forever.  Maybe it's time to take a trip to the coast for a day...
  10. What was your first impression of your significant other? If you’re single, what was your first impression of your best friend?
    Single here!  My best friend, well, her parents lived across the street from my grandparents (now my parent's house).  So when I would visit them I would always end up at Rylen's to play.  Then my family moved in and we got older and more mature and were involved in church together and school and weekend neighborhood hide and seek games and through college and boyfriends and work and even living together and marriages and now babies.  We've been bff's ever since...
  11. What is your first impression of dessert pizza? (Personally, I think it’s weird. I love dessert but I don’t want any on my pizza.)
    I love a good dessert pizza.  Duh, it's dessert!  Something with a good cinnamon crumble and sugary icing on top...  yummm...!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

You really love dessert! A girl after my own heart.

I love that you and youre best friend have been close for so long. That's really special.