Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Go visit Chelsea's husbands answers for this week!

(I'm an idiot and just realized that I've been titling these for a while 'Ten FOR Tuesday' when it's 'Ten ON Tuesday'.  I'm dumb.  I'm working on it.  Sorry.)
  1. What book, movie or song has made you want to travel to a particular place? (eg. I went to Prince Edward Island because I was such a Anne of Green Gables fan)
    I've had a desire to go to Ireland for a long time now.  Ask my sisters, anytime I see a deal through Travel Zoo I always try to convince them that we have to go.  But they're both poor college students, and I don't want to go alone.  But after reading, then watching, PS I Love You I've convinced that I must go, and I must go soon!  Anyone wanna go with me...?

    Oh, and I want to do the Amazing Race.  Every week when I watch the show I get travel envy.
  2. Aside from your significant other, who would you want to take with you on a dream trip?If I don't have a significant other can I want to take my future significant other on my dream trip?
  3. Where would said dream trip be to?
    Ireland and/or Greece.  Oh, and Italy.  And Australia/New Zealand.
  4. If you were hosting guests or providing tips, what three things would you show visitors to your hometown? (be it where you live now or where you grew up)
    Ahahahahahaha...  I live in a town of 6,000 where our claim to fame are cows and the world's largest single site cheese manufacturing site.  So, I'd so them Hilmar Cheese.  3 times.
  5. If you had a long weekend ahead of you, where do you head – beach, city or country/mountains?Most likely beach, like Monterey or Carmel.  Or the central coast.  Particularly San Luis Obispo or the ranch.
  6. Do you have a passport? If so, did you get it for a particular trip or just to have, in case?
    Yes I do!  I got it to have just in case.  And I did have to use it last year when I went on a cruise to Mexico.  I didn't get a stamp in it though, big time bummer!
  7. Are there any travel souvenirs you collect? If not, is there something else you collect?
    I collect dangly charms (for, like, the original charm bracelet, not the newer version that pinches your skin and pulls your wrist hair) from new places I visit.  My mom got me started with a charm bracelet when I graduated from preschool, it had an apple on it.  Since then my (maternal) grandma contributed getting charms from countries she visited, and I would add to it as well.  That bracelet doesn't really fit anymore; face it, I don't have the wrist or a 4 year old anymore.  I want to start a new bracelet of just places I've been, so I've started getting new charms from states I visit.
  8. If you could name a paint colour, what colour would it be and what would you call it?
    If I could, I'd bottle the exact shade of blue/purple/periwinkle from a hydrangea.  It's my absolute favorite color.  But what would I call it...?  Maybe sometime total unique and original like 'Pretty, Pretty Periwinkle'.
  9. If you were heading away for a weekend citybreak solo, where would you go? (forget about practicality here and flight times, assume you can get to any city in the world for the weekend)New York City.  Because I haven't been there and I want to go.  I don't know internationally if I could choose just a city because I want to see more of a country than just a city/
  10. Is there a song or a smell or something that you strongly associate with a particular holiday/place/time, such that it always takes you back?
    I associate songs or smells with a lot of things.  Hearing a bar of a traditional hymn sung only at church for Christmas or Easter, and, well as far as smells there are too many to list.  Corn dogs take me back to the days when I would go to the fair with my grandparents when they served on the board of directors, then to my 4-H showing days, and then to the few years that I worked at the same fair.  Egg Salad is Easter.  Fresh cut grass is a warm summer day.  etc. etc.

No comments: