Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ok, let's do this!  It's Ten on Tuesday time everybody!  Join in the fun.  Visit Chelsea over at Roots and Rings and play along!
  1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
    My first cell phone...it was the size of 1/2 a brick.  I got my mom's hand-me-down, it was my freshman year of college.  That phone didn't last long.  I upgraded to the Nokia.  Do you remember the Nokia?  The same phone that everyone had?  The one that you could change the face plate?  Yeah, that one. 
  2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
    I have no idea.  I was young.  My memory has failed me.
  3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it? My first vehicle was my dad's old Chevy Silverado (or was it the Sierra?), it was a truck.  My parents decided that me driving a truck probably wasn't a wise decision...gas guzzler.  So they got me a '88 (I think...) hatchback Civic.  Not my favorite.  1)  no radio.  2)  no A/C.  3)  2 door.  Let's just say, my first quarter at Cal Poly, in the summer while coming home just about every weekend, was a hot summer.  Junior (or was it late sophomore?) year of college mom and dad upgraded me to a '92 4 door accord, with A/C and a cassette player.  Fall after graduating, the civic went to car heaven, therefore my brother got the next in line, being my accord, and I had to be a big girl and buy a car.  Now I drive a Corolla with 4 doors, A/C, and a CD player!  Big time upgrade.
  4. Who was your hero growing up?
    I don't know if I had a hero.  Maybe Barbie.  Or Jem.  Shera?  I have no idea.
  5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
    Ah, no.
  6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
    I'd love to show you pictures.  And maybe somewhere on here I have one.  I don't know what my first BAD haircut was, but I can tell you my WORST haircut.  I thought, sure, I can have short hair, like really short.  Well, this wavey haired broad cannot have really short hair.  Let's just say there aren't many pictures documenting that era of my life.
  7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
    Oh my goodness, another think back to forever ago question.  ???  Remember me, I have a bad memory.
  8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
    Heights.  I'm scared poopless of heights.  Flying, no problem.  Climbing a ladder, problem.
  9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
    I don't think I ever really thought about that, nor have I since.
  10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
    Have yet to accomplish it.  Or at least it being the hardest goal on my "to do goal list".  Mostly because it's somewhat out of my control.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I wasn't even cool enough to have the phone that EVERYONE had. I remember that phone.