Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Oops, June is over...

I realized last night, very late, that I hadn't updated you on how my June resolutions went. So, this is how June played out.

1. Actively seek God in my day to day life, worshiping Him and bring Him glory. Being like Jesus to people.
Not easy, but always trying.

2. Continued control from nibbling at work. No pastries, desserts, and nibblings.
I wasn't very good at this one in June. I do need to work on it more.

3. Again with the losing 5 pounds. Summer is here! Not only that, but I am in my best friend's wedding in October. My goal, which is totally obtainable, is to lose 20 pounds by then. Help hold me to it everyone!
I think I lost 2 or 3 pounds. Not the 5 I was aiming for, but every pound counts.

4. Go somewhere out of the area. Don't know where yet...
Well, I went down to San Luis Obispo again for another cousin's wedding. Then to Pozo, mapquest it it's in the middle of nowhere Central Coast, where the reception was. Most of my ancestors on my mom's lived in Pozo, so it was nice to see all that family history in the area.

5. Start planning a bachelorette party weekend for said bride of October wedding. Anyone have any ideas? Possibly having friends from across the country joining the party.
Weekend picked out, check! Lodging booked, check! Now for the tacky, trashy bachelorette garb for the bride to be...

6. Have a good attitude with current job.
I have failed at this one. It's really hard to keep a good attitude in my current work situation.

7. Quit rewarding myself with food. If I do something good or deserving or a reward (went on a walk, lost weight, made it through a day at work, etc.) I tend to treat myself to something with calories, and lots of them. Time to reward myself with something different. A pedicure, manicure, new shirt, or purse, or whatever.
Yea, need to work on this one too. Old habits are hard to break.

8. Per my father's request and suggestion... Be more out going towards guys. As great as it would be to just sit back and wait for God, I've also got to not wait by the door. Time to get out there. Be out going. Flirt a little and enjoy myself.
Oh if you only knew the agony I'm going through with this one. This topic actually deserves a whole separate post. Stay posted...

9. Exercise.
HAHA!

10. Forgive for the wrongs I feel have been done towards me, and let go of the unknowns for why people are the way they are. Try not to dwell on everything that does not affect me.
Honestly, I think I'm not doing too bad with this one. I still have questions, but I've come to terms with things.

No comments: