Monday, April 7, 2008

Caution: Wet Paint

Oh my dearest readers, I apologize for not updating you lately with pictures of the progress of the house. The main reason for this is that when I go over there, I'm outfitted to paint. And well, I'm a messy painter and I'd like to avoid getting paint on my camera. My phone has survived and only gotten slimed once. Now I'm very careful where I put it and how I pick it up. Here are a few pictures for you, there are about a week old and a lot has happened in that week. At least a lot of painting has happened.


Oooohhhh, awwwww.... Look at the magnificent craftmanship with that tile work. That's my shower folk. The toilet is just across from it. I thought I'd spare you the details of that...for now... Shower door to be installed later.


This would be my counter and sinkless vanity in the bathroom.
And God said, "Let there be light." And then there was, in the hallway. Wow, I just noticed, it looks like the ceiling is way darker than the walls, but it's not. Everything is the same color... Cork Bark.



Man that window is dirty! Here is where my stainless steel sink will sit on my counterless cabinets.
When you turn around from the sink, this is what you see. Well, this is what you would have seen until this morning.

Who likes dark brown? Here is the built-ins with Mocha Mousse. The tape came down yesterday and everything was touched up, it looks great!

And the fireplace is with the same Mocha color. It looks really nice! The dark color on the same wall just opposite ends really balances it out.

Today... are you ready for this?... They started sanding the floors!!! That means we are near the end. It's a good and bad thing. The good thing is that means I get time off from painting. The bad news is that there is still stuff to be painted. But it's almost done and complete and then I can move and unpack and be a domestic single non-housewife. Who's more excited than me?!?!
I'll do my best to get in there this week to take some more updated pictures. But I won't make any promises. If there is stain or sealer on the wood floor I'm not stepping in.
If that's the case, you can find me working on my quilt, painting the dining room set, or packing.

No comments: