Wednesday, May 28, 2008

2008 Goals: Update #2

My goodness! We're moving into June, the year is almost half over. Can you believe it?!? and 10 to go. I think I'll occasionally will update you on how my goals for the year are going. So here ya go...
  • Lose 10 pounds...by May. - completed!
    Then another 10 by the end of the year.

    addition: And 5 pounds by the end of June (aka 10 year HS reunion).
    As of this morning, according to my scale, I'm down 10 pounds. As of the wedding on the 10th, I was down 10 pounds. Part 1 of this goal met! Now to reach the rest of it.

  • Get a tattoo.
    In the process of finalizing the image that will be forever on my body. Once that is picked out I'll be going in.

  • Move out. - completed!
    I've been sleeping there for the past week. Granted I still have a ton to unpack, at least I'm moved in.

  • Go to Hawaii.
    Need to sit down with Dad to work on plans. But still looking at October.

  • Look into Grad School.
    No progress.

  • Take and pass the GMAT.
    No progress.

  • Weekend wine tasting trip with friends.
    No progress. Although, last weekend I went wine tasting at a cousin's tasting room in Santa Margarita. I highly recommend Pozo Valley Wine. And no, I'm not bias!

  • Make it to at least one concert. - completed!
    Going to a Carrie Underwood/Josh Turner concert today. Maybe I'll go to the John Mayer concert in Mountain View in July. We'll see.

  • Reread all of the Harry Potter books.
    Still need to get through the stack of books I have first. I'll at least get the HP books started by the end of the year.

  • Attend church more often. - completed-ish...!
    I've kinda slacked the last month+. So it's time to get going again. At least weddings are done, and so is traveling for awhile.

  • Get my passport.
    I've got my picture taken, and application filled out (again), now I just need to make an appointment. Oh yea, and and find my birth certificate.

  • Make a real quilt, for myself by myself.
    I had a bit of a frustration with the quilt. I just need to finish the binding and it'll be done. Can I just say, the quilt is freakin' huge!

  • Take a fun class at a local college or adult school.
    It might be too late for summer school, which is ok, there are better classes during normal semesters anyways. So time to research more.

  • Visit my siblings at where they are living more often. - 1/2 completed...!
    Visited Chris last weekend while traveling for cousin's wedding. I know he'll probably say it doesn't count, but I say it does. I'll be seeing Paige tonight when I go down to Fresno for the concert. In fact, she and Coleman are making us dinner.

  • Let people know how much I truely appreciate them.
    Still haven't. Maybe I don't really appreciate people... Nah! I do. I really do. Just so you know, I appreciate you and value your friendship.

  • Take more day trips. - completed-ish...!
    Let's see. I've gone to Santa Cruz for a bachelorette. I've gone to San Juan Baptista, Monterey, and San Luis Obispo/Santa Margarita for a wedding (yes, one wedding), I've gone to IKEA in Sacramento. So, yea, I guess I've done that.

  • Date more.
    Again, how?!? I've signed up for eharmony and have gotten no where with it. I've been googling speed dating. I'm still waiting a set up by a friend or a co-worker. Anything!

  • Focus more on God and spending more time with Him.
    A daily struggle to work on.

For my past update, please visit here.

No comments: