Saturday, July 25, 2009

A SoCal Visit...Thursday

So this is the morning routine, just so I don't have to go over it everyday:
The kids wake up anytime between 6:30-8ish. They play, have breakfast, etc. Then William goes down for a nap between 9-9:30 until around 11. After 11, then your day can really get started.

Ok, now that that's out of the way.

Thursday we decided to get out of the house and out of Rancho Santa Margarita. Being as Disneyland was out of the question (crowds, heat, maintaining 2 youngens), we went to Downtown Disney instead for lunch and some shopping.
Melissa and I had both never been to Rainforest Cafe, so we made the executive decision to go there for lunch, much to Macie's cringe. We got there and oh man was she in awe of the decor and moving animals and the aquarium and the waterfall.
William was a bit freaked out with the thunder and lightening "show".
After lunch we walked around a bit. I snapped a few pictures. Cause I like to do that...snap a few pictures.
Poor William started to get very, very restless in the stroller. So after ice cream (Haggen Daz Bailey's Irish Cream and Double Chocolate Peanut Butter), a few more shops, and rewarding Macie with a toy from the massive Disney Store for being a good girl we headed home. But we also made a wish at the fountain.
Oh, and, well, I got to be a princess for about 30 seconds.
Quick! Gotta get home, get dinner going, and get off to a birthday party! While Melissa worked in the kitchen, I played outside.
We ate really quickly, while our lips burned with spicy heat. Melissa, can I get that recipe from you? Took the kids to the party. Watched Macie play in the pool with her friends. Washed up the kids. Took the kids home. Put kids to bed. By this point Mark was home and ready to relax after his long day at work. So he told us about the mediation he participated in (he's a lawyer) and we watched a movie. I think I'm the only one that stayed awake for the whole thing. I blame Dennis, he started texting me.

End of day 2.

(To see the complete album, click here)

No comments: