Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ten for Tuesday (on Wednesday)

See what happens when you take a Monday off?  You don't have time to get fully caught up on Tuesday.  Which means that certain non-work items get postponed.  But it's here today!
  1. If you could travel back in time, would you? What decade would you visit?
    Ahhhh...  I'm gonna have to say no.  Or if I said yes, I won't go far, maybe to a particular point in my life to change things.  Is that cheating?
  2. What was your best Halloween costume? (fun to make? most creative?)
    I remember one year when I was younger my mom made me a spider costume.  It was basically a long sleeve black leotard that had 6 legs (black material tubes stuffed with batting) sewn on it.  The 7th and 8th legs where my arms that the other legs were connected to, so when I moved an arm 3 other arms/legs would follow.  That costume was awesome!  Thanks Mom for being sew (haha, get it?!?) creative!
  3. Do you like your name? If you weren’t called by your name, what would you want to be called?
    Sure.  It wasn't a common name growing  up.  And really it still isn't.  I need more than 2 hands to count how many Jennifers I knew growing up.  Boo to common and popular.  Yea for unique and uncommon.  Courtneys unite!
  4. In the past year, what is the BEST recipe you made. Please share it!Ok, it's been a little longer than a year since I made this recipe, but it's so darn good I have to share it.  Panzanella Salad (adapted from a few different recipes).  It is perfect for a nice summer (or spring, fall, or winter) BBQ.  Enjoy!
  5. Look around – what is the nearest object or picture hanging on the wall?Does a cubicle wall count?  If so, a Dilbert comic, a little calendar, a work phone directory list, and a bunch of other random work related papers.
  6. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Would you recommend it?
    Post edit, I lied.  I last saw Valentine's Day in the theater.
    According to my list, it seems that When in Rome was the last movie I saw in the theater.  Yes, it was cute, funny chick flick.  :)
  7. Did you go to summer camp? Will you/do you send your kids to camp?
    Yep, I went to church camp a couple summers.  And 4-H camp a couple times.  And church conferences when I got older.  And I've gone to winter camp many times, as a camper and a counselor.  Absolutely I'm going to encourage my kids to go to camp.  Why wouldn't I want them to experience going away and making memories and friends?  And why wouldn't I want a little quiet time at home too? 
  8. What kind of ringtone do you have?
    Depends who calls.  My main ring is a Francesca Batastelli (sp?) song "I'm Letting Go".  If you're my bff calling, I hear Hakuna Matata.  Random I know, but we used to watch Lion King often and loved singing along with that song.
  9. Where is the farthest away from home you have ever been?
    It's a toss up between New York, Orlando, Washington DC, or Hawaii.  I'll be right back, I'm gonna go google map it and see what the distant winner is...  Google had a hard time figuring driving directions from California to Hawaii.  Wonder why...?  But the winner is... New York!
  10. Has anyone ever written a song or a poem for or about you?
    No.  I would love for my future guy to write a song for me when play it on his guitar and sing it to me.  Is that too much to ask for?

No comments: